Amusement Remember the 'more cowbell' score on Popups?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara

Emeritus
Nov 10, 2017
Cambridgeshire
334951864_652856536648162_5719887958361798775_n.jpg

OK. I give. I thought I knew cow bells, but as we enter act two of this thread, I realize the problem is much bigger than I imagined. I am the only one thinking about orchestral percussion instruments knocking together and Marilyn Monroe. Please, before the as-yet-unnamed antagonist kills me, what is a Litopian Cow Bell?

OK. I give. I thought I knew cow bells, but as we enter act two of this thread, I realize the problem is much bigger than I imagined. I am the only one thinking about orchestral percussion instruments knocking together and Marilyn Monroe. Please, before the as-yet-unnamed antagonist kills me, what is a Litopian Cow Bell?
This clip explains the background to the SNL skit. Before my time but I suspect then that when voting for Pop Ups you voted on how much cowbell it had. Mine would have been voted Too Much Cowbell I suspect.

This is the only copy I can find on You Tube of the skit.

Last edited:
More cowbell basically meant: You're along the right track but you can take it further. Give it more oomph. More charisma, impact. More of that essence that makes it special. More flavour. More sauce. Explore it more. Go deeper. That kind of thing. I'm not sure that makes sense. It's something I feel without being able to explain properly.

But @Katie-Ellen will be able to explain better than me.

To this day, I still use the expression for my own work. After I write a scene, I ask myself: does it need more cowbell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you!

Back