Question: ProWritingAid Writers' Week for Science Fiction -- worth doing?

Urban Fantasy recommendations

Getting Perspective on Your Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyton Stafford

Staff member
Jan 14, 2022
Lake Oswego, OR, USA
I am trying ProWritingAid, and they emailed me an invitation to attend a weeklong event about science fiction writing. Andy Weir is among the speakers. Has anyone attended one of their events? Was it worth the time? It is free, but there is still the time spent.

Here's a link:

No idea. My opinion is that these courses regurgitate the same thing. Not that it isn't valuable, but you've probably heard it before or it's available online. On the other hand they can be great motivators, give you the confidence and MoJo to go forth and create. Also the networking can be invaluable. If you've got the time can you think of a better way to spend it? Think of it more as a spa weekend where you get to soak in creative atmosphere and perhaps inhale some atoms of success from Andy Weir. Indulge in a bit of wasted time?

I am trying ProWritingAid, and they emailed me an invitation to attend a weeklong event about science fiction writing. Andy Weir is among the speakers. Has anyone attended one of their events? Was it worth the time? It is free, but there is still the time spent.

Here's a link:

I got this too. Some of these are pretty good. If they record, you can always listen at a faster speed to save time. I do that whenever possible, including sometimes, popup submissions (Shh. Don't tell Pete).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban Fantasy recommendations

Getting Perspective on Your Work

Back