Prolific romantic fiction writer exposed as a plagiarist

Revealing the contents of my novel before approaching appropriate agents

A Prank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might happen every day, but its just not cricket.
I'm not saying it is. Did you think I was saying that? Let me make sure you understand I'm not saying that.

I have 72 books out there between three pen names and I hope like freaking hell I never find out some fucking asswipe ripped off one of them, because I'll be in jail for murder. The thing is, it's very difficult to stop these people. The laws are tricky and it costs money (unless you make a LOT of it) to go after them. You and your friends can post all over social media but these people don't care. They keep coming back and doing it again. Their stupid-as-sheep fans either don't care or don't know any better, so they keep buying the books and supporting these plagiarists.

And don't even get me started on the people who download our books illegally. Just as bad as ripping them off word-for-word, and even more impossible to stop.

And just for shits and giggles, there is a big-mouthed author spouting off all over social media that anyone who puts out that many books in five years must be plaigiarizing them.

Um… WRONG ANSWER. Thanks for playing. Here are your parting gifts, moron.

I know authors who have put out way more than 72 in five years like I have, and I know they haven't ripped off any of them. So on top of it all, we have authors eating each other up when they should be banding together to stop this shit once and for all.

Rant over. I need to drive home from the real job now.

And just for shits and giggles, there is a big-mouthed author spouting off all over social media that anyone who puts out that many books in five years must be plaigiarizing them.

Um… WRONG ANSWER. Thanks for playing. Here are your parting gifts, moron.

I know authors who have put out way more than 72 in five years like I have, and I know they haven't ripped off any of them. So on top of it all, we have authors eating each other up when they should be banding together to stop this shit once and for all.

Rant over. I need to drive home from the real job now.

Hi @Carol Rose ,

You have a wonderful site, and now I understand the pen names you write under. 'Its just not cricket' means its in bad taste and under no circumstances did I mean to imply that you thought this behaviour was fair game.

I admire someone who has made a decent living and commitment out of their art, you are so right, all the effort you have put in cannot be quantified in simple terms, and I know how 'smug' some people get in thinking someone cannot churn out 72 books in 5 years, of course you can.

Drive home carefuly.

Kevin

Hi @Carol Rose ,

You have a wonderful site, and now I understand the pen names you write under. 'Its just not cricket' means its in bad taste and under no circumstances did I mean to imply that you thought this behaviour was fair game.

I admire someone who has made a decent living and commitment out of their art, you are so right, all the effort you have put in cannot be quantified in simple terms, and I know how 'smug' some people get in thinking someone cannot churn out 72 books in 5 years, of course you can.

Drive home carefuly.

Kevin
Thanks, Kevin. I wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't condoning it. :)

I'm not saying it is. Did you think I was saying that? Let me make sure you understand I'm not saying that.

I have 72 books out there between three pen names and I hope like freaking hell I never find out some fucking asswipe ripped off one of them, because I'll be in jail for murder. The thing is, it's very difficult to stop these people. The laws are tricky and it costs money (unless you make a LOT of it) to go after them. You and your friends can post all over social media but these people don't care. They keep coming back and doing it again. Their stupid-as-sheep fans either don't care or don't know any better, so they keep buying the books and supporting these plagiarists.

And don't even get me started on the people who download our books illegally. Just as bad as ripping them off word-for-word, and even more impossible to stop.
Could you please be more precise about your feelings on the subject? :eek:

Perked right up at that one! Ha.

I was joking too — by the by.
Thanks for letting me know. That's what the smiley faces were for, actually, not the suggested opening lines.

I get that people were teasing. It's just difficult for me to find anything to joke about when it comes to this subject because we're talking about someone's livelihood. I know too many authors personally affected by this. And all of us have had thousands upon thousands of illegal downloads of our books. Slightly different topic but same vein. I suppose until you live through it, until it happens to you, personally, it's difficult to imagine what it feels like. I'm afraid it's not something I'm able to gloss over or laugh about, even indirectly. I hope you all understand.

Thanks for letting me know. That's what the smiley faces were for, actually, not the suggested opening lines.

I get that people were teasing. It's just difficult for me to find anything to joke about when it comes to this subject because we're talking about someone's livelihood. I know too many authors personally affected by this. And all of us have had thousands upon thousands of illegal downloads of our books. Slightly different topic but same vein. I suppose until you live through it, until it happens to you, personally, it's difficult to imagine what it feels like. I'm afraid it's not something I'm able to gloss over or laugh about, even indirectly. I hope you all understand.
You know, I realized I thought I read your post, but I really didn't?

I completely agree. Plagiarists, and zombies. Only one solution left for them. Mercy.

zombie-from-the-walking-dead.jpg plagiarist.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revealing the contents of my novel before approaching appropriate agents

A Prank?

Back