Poets! Readers of Dylan Thomas. Film Buffs

M

Returned from China to Wreak Havoc

US Magazine 'Carve': open for short fiction and poems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awe man! Could you not have told me that this morning folks!!! I'd have stayed at mums and gone up the road to see what's what for you. I doubt Gordon will be up to the drive again.

Sorry (hug) I only saw it just before I posted it, Karen. I hope it was OK, a bit of a break, your outing with Gordon not feeling so great.

hmmmm.....it looks really good.... I have a volume of his poems but the only one I remember is - I will not go quietly into that good night....

Really, it's just the one line I remember. I understand it's supposed to be about death. His fathers death if I remember correctly. It's a line of a poem that comes to me when I'm pissed off and PROBABLY about to do something not altogether WISE .... I didn't know he wrote a novel...can't wait to see the movie.

Sorry (hug) I only saw it just before I posted it, Karen. I hope it was OK, a bit of a break, your outing with Gordon not feeling so great.
Och we go to the highland show every year. Stay at my mum's in Livingston the night before to break up the journey for him but it's gotten to the stage now that I will have to book him a mobility scooter to get round. We were only there 2 hours and then home. Still it only cost us £20 to get in which wasn't so bad. It makes only being there for a short time easier to stomach because at full price (2 adults + kids free) it would have been £50

hmmmm.....it looks really good.... I have a volume of his poems but the only one I remember is - I will not go quietly into that good night....

Really, it's just the one line I remember. I understand it's supposed to be about death. His fathers death if I remember correctly. It's a line of a poem that comes to me when I'm pissed off and PROBABLY about to do something not altogether WISE .... I didn't know he wrote a novel...can't wait to see the movie.

Do not go gentle into that good night
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Yes, it was about the death of his father.

Last edited:
*goosebumps*
No doubt it'll get a ' limited release'. Got to make room for Michael Bay at the multiplex.

The lust and lilt and lather and emerald breeze and crackle of the bird-praise and body of Spring with its breasts full of rivering May-milk, means, to that lordly fish-head nibbler, nothing but another nearness to the tribes and navies of the Last Black Day who'll sear and pillage down Armageddon Hill to his double-locked rusty-shuttered tick-tock dust-scrabbled shack at the bottom of the town that has fallen head over bells in love.

And his poetry is pretty good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Returned from China to Wreak Havoc

US Magazine 'Carve': open for short fiction and poems

Back