Important! Please Test Our Discord Server…!

Inspiration! Tiffany Yates Martin on "Real Writers."

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eva Ulian @Pamela Jo
finding users is a bit complicated on discord, but not too much!
each user, along with their username, has a 4-digit 'tag' assigned to them (so that different users can have the same username as long as they have different tags to differentiate them.) when giving someone your username, you'll want to give them your tag, too. it's good to memorize it!
you can find your tag by hovering over your tiny profile at the bottom left of your homepage.

edit: nope. i'm dumb. discord removed tags in may. you'll need to search for the person's exact username to find them now. sorry!

Last edited:
@Eva Ulian @Pamela Jo
finding users is a bit complicated on discord, but not too much!
each user, along with their username, has a 4-digit 'tag' assigned to them (so that different users can have the same username as long as they have different tags to differentiate them.) when giving someone your username, you'll want to give them your tag, too. it's good to memorize it!
you can find your tag by hovering over your tiny profile at the bottom left of your homepage.
Ok I tried this. tiny profile. Hovered like a SOB. Got... see screenshot.

What is Litopia Cafe under? How is it listed as a server. is there a different invite than the one Pete posted?
Ok I found it. This time the code worked. The 23rd time is the charm.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 14.38.02.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 14.38.02.png
    621.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I’d like someone – or possibly two people – to consider being admins on our Discord server, please. Folk with a bit of Discord experience, willing to guide other users...

I vounteerI’d like someone – or possibly two people – to consider being admins on our Discord server, please. Folk with a bit of Discord experience, willing to guide other users...
hunger games volunteer GIF

Ok I tried this. tiny profile. Hovered like a SOB. Got... see screenshot.

What is Litopia Cafe under? How is it listed as a server. is there a different invite than the one Pete posted?
Ok I found it. This time the code worked. The 23rd time is the charm.
ARGG sorry, sorry, i forgot about something!
i can't believe it slipped my mind, but about half a year or so ago, discord actually removed tags.

"Discord is doing away with the four-digit tags attached at the end of usernames to make it easier for users to find and connect with each other. Usernames will now be lowercase, alphanumeric, and limited to certain special characters."

disregard what i said earlier, sorry!!! i had stopped using discord by the time that update happened, so i completely forgot. you'll need to search for the user's actual username (not their display name, but what appears under it in the profile area) to find them.
sorry again! :(

pete, you can go to server settings and create a 'full member' role, then go the the settings of a channel and make it only viewable to those with the role.
Yes, I can do that, and map Colony Full Members to the same role in Discord and then give them access to their own channel. However…

I’m not sure that’s the best way to proceed in the short term. I’d like to open it to all Litopians first, to see how that works out. Sounds OK…?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspiration! Tiffany Yates Martin on "Real Writers."

Back