November writing goals.

Book-Buying Guide

25 years of rejection, then 2,500,000 sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing NaNo because our RWA (Romance Writers of America) chapter has a team and competes each year in something called War of the Words. They asked me to do it because well, I write a lot all the time. LOL! :)

So goal is to submit two books in November. I likely won't have a release this month since it took me so long to get the 4th Demons on Wheels MC book submitted, but that gives me more time/energy to focus on writing. :)

I'll complete Down From The Mountain, which is the second novella of what will be a series of four about an American Civil War veteran. I'll then begin The Dead Need Nobody, which will become the fifth novel in my Cornish Detective series. This means I'll journey through Christmas, and into another new year, chasing murderers—nothing changes—it keeps me sane (ish), I think....:confused:

Been an odd month. Almost as soon as it started, old Norman was trying to tell me something but it took a while for me to fathom it out. The WIP had gone past the 100,000 words mark, I had all the main characters finally under one roof (or as near dammit) and the reality was that I had probably hit peak Pantser, at least for the time being. So come the middle of month, I had to concede that whilst it was clear that the novel had reached the end of part 1, what came next needed a little bit of a pause and a chance for Norman to gather his thoughts.

So since the 15th, I have not written a thing.

Plus the real world knocked in the shape of my current employees being well and truly shafted by their biggest single customer and much slaughter ensuing, much of which yours truly managed to somehow avoid but which has left me with the reality that I really cannot carry on hiding away in a zero-hours, zero-responsibility role working for people whose antics would simply not make it into any work of fiction given how ludicrous they are.

In short, the first part good, the second not so. Oh well, it's all a learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book-Buying Guide

25 years of rejection, then 2,500,000 sales.

Back