• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Service Update My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen! Please Welcome…

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
LitBits
United-Nations
I’m delighted to tell you that we have appointed our very first Lab Moderator, and it is…

@Sedayne!​

Her job will mostly be to approve and award Lab Power User status to those folks who want to use the Lab for their own projects – more on this below.
But she’ll also be able to answer questions about the Lab you may have, and to point newcomers in the right direction, etc.
I want to thank Sedayne for volunteering for this role. It’s the first time we’ve appointed a forum moderator (but not the last, something else will be happening very soon).

Now about that Lab Power User status…
When new members join, they can immediately post replies (i.e. critiques of other folks’ works) in the Lab. However, they won’t be able to post their own projects to be critiqued until they been awarded Lab Power User status. It’s denoted by a rather natty little rocket under your name:

Untitled design.gif

It means that you’ve successfully posted five critiques in the Lab that have followed our critiquing guidelines.
Sedayne will be responsible for checking out applicants for Lab Power User status, approving them where necessary and tactfully directing them back to review our guidelines if necessary.

In this, of course, she will have the heroic support and assiduous backup of our trusty Guardians.
The new system is in place now and, unfortunately, it means that many folk will have temporarily lost project creation privileges in the Lab. Sorry about that :(
However, fear not! All you have to do is to complete this ultra simple form, and our new Lab Moderator will process you with remarkable alacrity. Probably.

https://colony.litopia.com/form/lab-power-user-request.7/select

Bung any questions below. The Lab is still being overhauled, so expect a few more changes there over the weekend.

Big congrats @Sedayne. Thanks for taking on this role.

I know it will really help get more ordered traffic through the Lab forum, and will also be a great help to the colony overall.

But please, no flogging off hooky rocket badges down your local farmers’ market or on the Dark Web. :)

Big congrats @Sedayne. Thanks for taking on this role.

I know it will really help get more ordered traffic through the Lab forum, and will also be a great help to the colony overall.

But please, no flogging off hooky rocket badges fown your local market or on the Dark Web. :)
Depends what the street value comes out at...

Back