More Questions about Tube and Train in London

Never Give Up! Rejected 200 times, then wins book award.

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quillwitch

Basic
Jan 1, 2015
Mexico
If someone is wheelchair bound, are they able to access the Tube? If so, how? Also, can you use your mobile underground?

Thanks again! You are all my eyes in London! Thanks to you all, I´m able to write what I need to write with some level of logic.

Here's a link to wheelchair access and travelling on the underground. There are signs on each station if they are wheelchair friendly (lift and platform on same level with the train).

Wheelchair access & avoiding stairs

There is wifi on the tube network - last I checked it was Virgin owned..I don't know if that is still the case but you have to pay for it as far as I'm aware unless using for emergency calls i.e. 999.

From what i´ve read, it needs some serious makeover in terms of being more accessible. It´s understandable, the Tube is quite old.

From what i´ve read, it needs some serious makeover in terms of being more accessible. It´s understandable, the Tube is quite old.

There are engineering works all the time on the tube. Every night in fact.
The newer stations all are accessible (jubilee line extension, London Dockland railway).

But yeah - you would need to get input from someone who uses a wheelchair to understand the accessibility better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never Give Up! Rejected 200 times, then wins book award.

Hello

Back