Litopia's other stuff...talk about zeitgeist, ahead of the curve. Skripal!

Reality Check Creative Pessimism - Why artists are never happy

Hello Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie-Ellen

Sep 25, 2014
UK
https://www.facebook.com/RealLitopia/videos/456756864664213/

Former diplomat Craig Murray has been tweeting about the Sergei and Julia Skripal affair, and says he has been experiencing problems with twitter...
I'm not sure how far I agree with Mr Murray. Not sure how much my heart bleeds for the Russian Government here. Only for the Russian people, and very sad for their grief after that recent terrible fire.

But definitive proof?

He could prove correct. Maybe there's more in play, however.

Russian to Judgement - Craig Murray

My brother's in Wiltshire police. They all do training in Porton Down. Nasty stuff.

Your dad taught him too? LOL! Wow. This was some school, Peter!

Listening to it now. Shall I tweet it...(THEY might come after you.)

National Security always was ugly, ever since Cecil, and it's probably far more ugly than we'll ever guess.

Last edited:
I like that presenter, Michael Mosley. Awful things happen in there though. Don't know if I'll watch but I ought to. For all I know, I sleep safer in my bed, and so do my children, free to squawk to my heart's content about human rights, because of those living such very strange lives, bearing the burden of truly dreadful secrets, doing whatever dirty work it takes in protecting that thing we call the state, which in turn may actually be protecting our human rights, however imperfectly. And whether the Skripal thing's masterminded by the Russian state, the UK has knowingly harboured oligarchs who did runners with the money having got rich at the Russian people's expense, while also the human rights record there isn't exactly 'all that' for the Russian government to fetch out its violins at the injustice to them of a false accusation.

One of the many interesting things that stuck in my mind from speaking to Craig Murray (I can’t remember whether this was in our show) was how similar the techniques are that both East and West would employ if they didn’t like you.

Murray was subject to psycho warfare by our side – one of the wacky things they’d do would be to enter his apartment when he wasn’t there, move things around, open windows, etc etc. The idea was to make him doubt his own sanity, and also make him look like an idiot should he report it to the authorities.

I was chatting to a British journalist who spent some years in Moscow – eventually expelled. He told me almost the same thing – that the Russians would enter his apartment when he wasn’t there, move things around, open windows – and so on.

How weird...!

One of the many interesting things that stuck in my mind from speaking to Craig Murray (I can’t remember whether this was in our show) was how similar the techniques are that both East and West would employ if they didn’t like you.

I was chatting to a British journalist who spent some years in Moscow – eventually expelled. He told me almost the same thing – that the Russians would enter his apartment when he wasn’t there, move things around, open windows – and so on.

How weird...!

'Gaslighting.' Creepy! A threat. Yes, it came up in the show. Be 'good' now! Don't give us any problems. We know where you live and we can get in any time we like. Though we don't have so many opposition folk in jail here, or physically damage, sexually assault, basically, the bodily development of promising young gymnasts in the interests of national prestige....or do we. Maybe the dark truth is, the requirements of defence means there can be no such thing as a truly open democracy, and trumps the protection of the individual every time, but that's a thing that can't ever, ever be openly acknowledged admitted. I suspect re Skripal, Russian, yes, but not R govt as such, and not a rogue state...

Add: there was money in this mix, and then on top, someone had the means to get the novichok.

A fascinating interview, Peter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Check Creative Pessimism - Why artists are never happy

Hello Everyone

Back