Litopia's Garry Bushell Show. Loosing the Bull & no bullsh*t.

Research and checking things

Twitter Pitch Party July 15th with 27 Publishers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie-Ellen

Sep 25, 2014
UK
The Garry Bushell Talk Show This Friday

Garry Bushell interviews Steven Berkoff. Garry is born under the sign of Taurus, apparently. Me too. A lady bull, or cow if you're feeling brave.

Charge!.....or, unless seriously provoked, just smell the daisies, munch grass, peaceably.

Not asking here what you think of astrology; do we want a poll? What, I wonder, is the spread of astrological signs represented here in the Colony?

This reminds me of a terrible old joke :

What sign are you ?
I'm pi, py, what is it called?
Pisces!
No, I'm Pyrex - I was a test-tube baby.

I really am a Piscean - the most sensitive, loving and artistic of all the signs - and, by the way, don't forget that sharks are fish!

Gemini. Adaptable, versatile, enthusiastic, articulate, witty, and intellectual — but inconsistent, aimless, capricious, superficial, and erratic.

Oxford commas. :cool: Peace.

Aries, it might explain a few things. Or not. Maybe. Lmao :p

The Garry Bushell Talk Show This Friday

Garry Bushell interviews Steven Berkoff. Garry is born under the sign of Taurus, apparently. Me too. A lady bull, or cow if you're feeling brave.

Charge!.....or, unless seriously provoked, just smell the daisies, munch grass, peaceably.

Not asking here what you think of astrology; do we want a poll? What, I wonder, is the spread of astrological signs represented here in the Colony?

Also, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was a good movie. So was Beverly Hills Cop.

Unfortunately @Jason Byrne Aries is a fire sign. I don't think I'm a typical Aries, possibly too much Piscean influence. My birthday is 4/4

Aries is Fire, Gemini is Air :) You get a fuller symbolic portrait if you can find out your ascending sign as well.

If you're quick and have a pen and paper handy, give this a go. You'll see your astrology profile drop down top right. And get a free automated reading while you're at it, if you ask a question. (Nothing to do with me, I don't use software.)

http://www.darktarot.com/decans_tarot/

Last edited:
Ah yes of course, my ascending sign, how could I forget to mention!
**frantic research, papers toss into air, cat's yowling screech**
Libra is my ascending sign. 18 degree, 22 minutes, to be precise.

I can be charming, polite, romantic, airy, gentle, artistic, and elegant... but also hesitant, selfish, cold, and insensitive.

Patient as a Bull, just don't stand in the way! BTW Taurus and Virgo and Capricorn are all earth signs ;)

Ah yes of course, my ascending sign, how could I forget to mention!
**frantic research, papers toss into air, cat's yowling screech**
Libra is my ascending sign. 18 degree, 22 minutes, to be precise.

I can be charming, polite, romantic, airy, gentle, artistic, and elegant... but also hesitant, selfish, cold, and insensitive.

Libra, the only non-living thing sign, is famously and I think, usually aptly characterised by the phrase 'an iron fist in a velvet glove.'

My brother's a Taurus; I know what you mean. Our friends had a saying, when we were younger: "he's the last one to ever get upset, until that one time everything turns red, and when he wakes up everyone's dead." That one time happened to be when we were playing "castle siege" with our friend's tree house. He was team castle, and got hit by a bottle rocket. Ah, childhood...

Libra, the only non-living thing sign, is famously and I think, usually aptly characterised by the phrase 'an iron fist in a velvet glove.'
Cool... I like that... I think I have my new heraldic device. I'll put it on my banners, and my throne. I get to do another super-villain arm-wave!

"This... Katie Ellen... I have you to thank... for all of this..."

Patient as a Bull, just don't stand in the way! BTW Taurus and Virgo and Capricorn are all earth signs ;)

The Taurean man is often described as a real man's man, genial and affable, no spite, but if you seriously overstep, he might pick up a table and throw it at you. Taurus in a rage is reputed to be a match for a full on Scorpio attack, but I'm sure there will be no need for that on Garry Bushell's show.

I've been very interested in your expertise in tarot reading, KTLN. It's really very fascinating.

It's a fascinating tool; ever so subtle, though it will talk drains and loos, or anything you ask it to. You are essentially having a conversation with yourself, but not your everyday self; your more ancient self. Prescience is very far from omniscience. It's like walking on ice, and sometimes you just don't know; the signs are too mixed up, but when you know, you know. Someone's asked today for lessons and yes, I'll help them hit the ground running, but essentially, it's something you learn, rather than are taught. You go in your cave to start with, then come out and learn by doing. I'm not an astrologer; and it's a considerable intellectual discipline learning to draw up charts. But it is significant in Tarot symbolism; and often allows you to sneak a look at what someone may look like, or what kind of job they may do, ahead of time, thanks to astrological archetypes. Gemini for instance, Air, may be represented by a card from the suit of Swords. Drawing the king of Swords three weeks ago, I suggested to my brother that when he found a buyer for his house, which seemed likely around mid July, the buyer might well be a 'king of swords.' Based on the associations of this card, I felt he might be a police officer, or even a military man.
A prospective buyer made an offer earlier, first week in July, and he was only an ex-Gurkha. The sword was a retired kukri. That's how astrology can help in reading Tarot.

It's a fascinating tool; ever so subtle, though it will talk drains and loos, or anything you ask it to. You are essentially having a conversation with yourself, but not your everyday self; your more ancient self. Prescience is very far from omniscience. It's like walking on ice, and sometimes you just don't know; the signs are too mixed up, but when you know, you know. Someone's asked today for lessons and yes, I'll help them hit the ground running, but essentially, it's something you learn, rather than are taught. You go in your cave to start with, then come out and learn by doing. I'm not an astrologer; and it's a considerable intellectual discipline learning to draw up charts. But it is significant in Tarot symbolism; and often allows you to sneak a look at what someone may look like, or what kind of job they may do, ahead of time, thanks to astrological archetypes. Gemini for instance, Air, may be represented by a card from the suit of Swords. Drawing the king of Swords three weeks ago, I suggested to my brother that when he found a buyer for his house, which seemed likely around mid July, the buyer might well be a 'king of swords.' Based on the associations of this card, I felt he might be a police officer, or even a military man.
A prospective buyer made an offer earlier, first week in July, and he was only an ex-Gurkha. The sword was a retired kukri. That's how astrology can help in reading Tarot.
I love when you turn out to be right, but in a way you never expected. Do you ever do readings for other people?

Click on my signature, oh, Gemini Jason....a trail will unfold :) It began at a difficult time; I was laid up; really quite poorly but not liking not working. I'd always worked till then. What new work, I asked myself, could I do from home, that I was suited to and that would keep me in touch with the world outside my door? It took off after I was contacted on-line by a desperate freelance journalist. She was hunting last minute for a sufficiently tame 3rd local 'psychic,' to feature in a magazine, Fate & Fortune; a UK coffee table magazine. Big circulation; not terribly cerebral if you take my meaning. It was in a regular thing they ran called How Did They Know That?

I was asked to cold read for two people, 15 minutes each, with the journalist taking notes behind me. Afterwards the journalist talked to the victims. I could not say all I sensed. The poor guinea pigs had been mugged on the street and brought straight in. It wouldn't have done to have shared things about their private lives for anyone to read. Not OK at all.

Writing is a different skill, but another face of the same thing.

Oh, I see! That's an amazing way to make a living!

Have you ever had anything accidentally cross over, and attach itself to you, as a result of using the cards?

Steven Berkoff is wickedly funny in the video, practising villain roles in front of the mirror. Iago, he says, is only a moderate villain. Petty and spiteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Research and checking things

Twitter Pitch Party July 15th with 27 Publishers...

Back