Fanfare! LITFEST 2023

Dates for LITFEST

• Total voters

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Question: Shall We Stop ChatGPT From Visiting the Colony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's loos in the castle. Or a vast forest on your doorstep.
Al fresco weeing is very freeing.

I've heard.
I'll take the forest.
I heard that from Izuku, actually (Our range of psychic conversational topics is awe inspiring).
And, of course, we'd have to have a ceilidh.
YES.
We really must. What is this?
It is The Best Craic known to humankind.

Well, we've been talking about all these permutations and combinations since 2019!! London is easiest to get to, it's a good central hub, although, yes, expensive. But public transport is excellent. We'll DO this, and then can decide how and where we want to proceed for 2024 ;)

And there's nothing stopping anyone from having Litfest offshoots! I HAVE been thinking of an Irish one... And if soneone was up for planning a Scottish one, I'd be there in a flash!!! :)
Scotland Forever! I'm in...;)

Just caching up. Some of us have work to do, you know, to earn enough for these trips! ;)

Bet @Pamela Jo knows a Viking or two with a boat for the sea voyages.

And we can always start Emily off on her walking tour by having a Litfest in Ireland. :shamrock:
I even know an Irishman who's rebuilding the Irish boats that preceded the Vikings. He recreated Irish chariots and saddles. My husband would love sleeping in a ruined castle. He lost his virginity to a German Baroness as a young volunteer doing restoration. As for Irish Litfest we're very near Rosslare harbour ferry. There are several glam camping spots about. And we've had a number of swordy events here where hardy souls slept on the floor of our renovated stone barn. The plan is that it be an events venue someday. Lost steam when I began to write. Could do it here very cheaply between places for setting up tents, sleeping on floors and nearby sort of B and B rooms and hotels within driving distance. Unfortunately Wexford has a real dearth of RV hookups. We've thought of putting some in. Everyone could meet the horses, and maybe get a riding-sword lesson. Certainly could arrange a demo. Wexford is a cheaper alternative to Dublin -though it requires a 2 hour bus ride or drive from the airport to get to us.

I have never been to Scotland, though I know a Spanish Mustang person there. To those who've never visited the Anglo Saxon regions-bring your own electric blanket for sleeping in hotels-or an arctic sleeping bag. An American girl who came to volunteer here left after 4 days and slept in her hoodie-during our "heat wave." Between the spiders and the cold and the dusty books in her room (that she wanted to put in alphabetical order by author.....???? ) she decided to beat a retreat. Needless to say we are not for obsessive compulsive types. Just a warning for any future lit fest.

What's the pub? I think it is close to Covent Garden...
@James Charles , here you go...:)
For the London Litfest (!), we've provisionally booked The Street Easy in Exmouth Market, London for the 22nd of April 2023. I've been speaking with Ruby there, and she sent the details below:

While our menu may change between now and then, we try to cater to all groups and have some lovely vegan, veggie and pescatarian dishes, with lots more to come.
You can find our current menu at www.thestreeteasy.com
We’re pretty good for gluten free as well, we basically have a ’something for everyone’ policy, so should have dishes for everyone but feel free to pass on my email if anyone has any concerns.

I’ll include a link at the bottom for a virtual ‘walk-through’ of the site, we’ve changed the layout since then but it’s still pretty similar, and you can get an idea for the space. We have mingling areas and proper table seating so can cater for all sorts!

Walk-through: Google Maps

It looks quite perfect, we can move around and mingle and eat to our heart's content :)

(@Izuku Midoriya and @RK Capps , @Barbara and I are having a dire case of FOMO at the thoughts of a Sydney Litfest. Just been pondering which child/kidney/car I can sell off :D )

Ah, don't put her under any undue pressure :) We can chat in good time beforehand with our dietary needs and sort out, what will be, I know, an amazing menu ;) thank you xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Question: Shall We Stop ChatGPT From Visiting the Colony?

Back