Fanfare! LITFEST 2023

Dates for LITFEST

• Total voters

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Question: Shall We Stop ChatGPT From Visiting the Colony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect. I'm not a fan of burgers or nachos. Pescatarian sounds delish.
I went to The Street Easy for New Year’s Eve. Although it was heaving I did have time for a quick chat with Ruby and she is determined to make sure the food is suitable and varied. All the vegan stuff is done in a separate kitchen space to ensure no cross-contamination, etc.
And then I had three of Jake’s cocktails, and don’t remember much after that. Sorry.

I went to The Street Easy for New Year’s Eve. Although it was heaving I did have time for a quick chat with Ruby and she is determined to make sure the food is suitable and varied. All the vegan stuff is done in a separate kitchen space to ensure no cross-contamination, etc.
And then I had three of Jake’s cocktails, and don’t remember much after that. Sorry.

CANNOT WAIT :eek: :eek:

For me, the key thing is:

20-summat Millennials think a burger is something you sit down and eat off a plate with sides, and pay over £10 for. The rest of us see a burger as a hand-held snack that you eat on the hoof at a festival or car boot sale or similar. Yet, many cafes and pubs that do food have a Quorn/bean/jackfruit/falafel burger with fries, slaw and other sides as the vegan option. I won't spend my money on a burger as I don't see it as a meal.

A decent chilli, curry or stir-fry on the other hand... That's a meal.

I used to love halloumi until I was violently ill following a BBQ where I had rather a lot of it BBQed. Next day I was convinced it was the cheese wot dunnit. Certainly could not have been the copious draughts of booze I consumed. Oh, no. It was deffo the halloumi which is now on my list of gag reflex grub.

Well, that and smoked salmon or trout - funnily enough my distaste for both earned under similar circumstances back in the day after attending a medieval banquet. On that occasion I'm sure it wasn't the mead, wine (red & white) Guinness, G&T and Irish whiskey that were to blame. :robot-face: :eek:

(Just googled halloumi.)
My ex boss in a café bar used to say: "It's a kind of rubber, dipped in salt and grease, that middle class people pretend is cheese. But if they keep buying it, I'll keep grilling it."

Never eaten it, so can't comment on the flavour. Still seems popular.

I tried to start a group for sharing info etc. Dont know how to link. I thought Scotland was mentioned? Anyhoo glad to find this again.
There was a suggestion about having a get-together in Scotland, though no plan formed. If there's enough interest, I'd be happy to help organise it, and would suggest Glasgow, as it's easy to reach by train from London, Manchester and Birmingham, has an airport, and has accommodation half the price of Edinburgh, yet Edinburgh in a cheap train ride away for anyone wanting to visit.

There was a suggestion about having a get-together in Scotland, though no plan formed. If there's enough interest, I'd be happy to help organise it, and would suggest Glasgow, as it's easy to reach by train from London, Manchester and Birmingham, has an airport, and has accommodation half the price of Edinburgh, yet Edinburgh in a cheap train ride away for anyone wanting to visit.
Shall we start a group to discuss. I get lost in this thread. I have Neve been to Scotland and would love to go. Having people who know the area and non tourist places would be ideal.

It's the Guardian. Ever looked at their fashion pages? Their readership think that £300 for a jumper is normal.
Also their recipes. But I used to have a YHA membership years back. And there used to be Elder hostels where you could stay in school dormitories and take classes. Some of the ideas I can work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Question: Shall We Stop ChatGPT From Visiting the Colony?

Back