Awesome Books

Answer to @PatriciaD's What's happening post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pam F

Basic
Oct 16, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone, I am a new member and am presently stumbling around finding my way through Litopia. I am currently working on the 2nd draft of a novel set in the early 1970s in Ottawa, Canada. I think you might call it Women's Lit. I have had a slim book of poetry published and have self-published a book on edible wild & garden plants. Living in a small town of towering pines and brilliant fall leaves.

Hello, Pam, and welcome. Your town sounds beautiful.
It's the town of Deep River, Ontario and it is amazing! When the town was built in the late 1940s to accommodate the scientists and staff of the nearby Nuclear Energy Plant, it was built into the environment which slopes to the river. Most of the streets curve to slow down traffic and to follow the contours of the hills. The history of Deep River is truly fascinating, well-documented in a book called Scales of Eden by Wayne Campbell.

Yes, big Anne fan :) The books brought PEI to life and it's even better than described! It helped I visited at the right time of year. It was October; fall is beautiful.

Yes, best time of year! Never go in spring. Damp. Cold. Rain. One week of glorious weather maybe in May; it lures you into thinking there will be a real spring that year! No. Snow in the woods often until end of May. Then suddenly it's summer end of June.

I once visited London, Ontario for a short time. Middle of winter my fingers stuck to the car we tried to push start. Very painfull! I can't tell you what I was doing there as it was illegal at the time but I understand is no longer. One of the characters in my nearly almost very close to be completed novel came from there.

I once visited London, Ontario for a short time. Middle of winter my fingers stuck to the car we tried to push start. Very painfull! I can't tell you what I was doing there as it was illegal at the time but I understand is no longer. One of the characters in my nearly almost very close to be completed novel came from there.
I hitchhiked to London with a couple of friends after grade 12. It was an exciting trip...maybe I'll fictionalize it one day. The ride with the truck driver who said he loved his job because of the number of sunrises and sunsets he got to see. It was a safer time back then. London Ont seems a strange place to go for illegal items!

Welcome! I love Canada. If I wasn't in Ireland, I would love to live there. :D I've been to London, Ontario, as well, and Loved it!

I was in Ireland once for a couple of weeks. My dad was born in Clonmel. Two of my cousins (O'Connell's on their grandfather's side) have a new travel business - women's tours to Ireland. It's called A Closer Look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome Books

Answer to @PatriciaD's What's happening post

Back