Julieanne here ....

A

What Inspires You

Fanfare! Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julieanne

Hello - just dipping my toes into Litopia. I shall explore the place over the next few days and maybe immerse myself as far as my knees within the week!

Greetings and welcome. You'll find it a friendly helpful bunch around here. :)

Hi, Julieanne! It's great here. :D I look forward to seeing you around the forums! :)

Hello everybody - thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know you all over time.

Steven McC - I write screenplays and novels, at last I have time after many years of language teaching and writing teaching materials only. I have "retired" on savings as I'm 11 years off pensionable age - so I've taken a risk so that I can write full time. My daughter gave me the idea telling me that it was now time for me after bringing her up alone. She often helps out towards the end of the month!

I live in Epernay, Champagne, just over an hour by train from Paris where my daughter lives.

As for reading - pretty much anything goes. I tend to get hooked on an author and last autumn read all I could by Barbara Vine (who is also Ruth Rendall) I love how she slowly builds her narratives with lots of subtle set-up and foreshadowing. I'm fed up of her now though and am currently hooked on reading French authors in the original language. Having said that, my current book is by a Belgian writer who lives in Paris : Amélie Nothomb

There's a group on FB you might like if you're on FB, julieanne. Reading Today. Admin is a Dutch friend living in the UK, with Dutch. Belgian, German French and of course English members, chatting there of, amongst other things, French literature and philosophy. They're mostly bi-lingual or multi lingual.

Thank you for that info. Katie-Ellen, I was on FB a few years back with a personal account, it was a huge time thief and, in truth, I didn't really "take" to it so I closed my account. But, now that I'm writing full-time I realise that FB and Twitter will be useful tools if I use them correctly. So, I am thinking about setting up accounts just for my writing endeavours. I noticed (in another thread) that you use Twitter to pitch to publishers - that intrigued me!

Initial enquiries to 2 agents before subbing. They can see you will help, and know how to, then, should it come to marketing the finished product. I'm not 'home yet'. They still have to like the book enough, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

What Inspires You

Fanfare! Never mind.

Back