I am new to this site. Help me get started please!

One person's take on forthcoming trends in fiction ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2017
London
Hello everyone
My name is Chris and I am brand new to Litopia. I am a keen writer, yet to be published or represented - I have worked in the film and TV industry as an Assistant Director for 15 years and although I love my job my burning desire is to focus more on my writing.
I have written a full-length novel and am 3/4 way through my second. I have also written several TV scripts and short film scripts and wish to move forward with all of this.
If anybody here has any advice I would be extremely grateful!! I would also be keen to chat and meet up with other keen writers (especially of comedy!) with the idea of future collaboration.
Thanks
Chris

Welcome! Interesting background there. I do have an idea for a TV script -- comedy but on the black side -- which has been sitting in a drawer for several years because it needs [collaborative] development. I'd need to do a lot more work on it before showing it to anyone, though, and I don't have the time at present -- demands of day-job and family have become almost all-consuming. Good luck with your novel, anyway -- what's it about?

Welcome! Interesting background there. I do have an idea for a TV script -- comedy but on the black side -- which has been sitting in a drawer for several years because it needs [collaborative] development. I'd need to do a lot more work on it before showing it to anyone, though, and I don't have the time at present -- demands of day-job and family have become almost all-consuming. Good luck with your novel, anyway -- what's it about?
Thanks Marc - the novel I am currently writing is about a vegetarian boy of 19 who one day, accidentally, drinks beef stock and goes mad, attacking livestock and trying to eat whatever animals he can find (weird I know!!). He gets falsely accused of murder and it goes on from there... I am very pleased with it so far - about 3/4 through but needs a lot of tidying up - think it's quite funny, without blowing my own trumpet!
Also got a couple of TV series scripts on the go at the moment too - first episodes done, writing the follow up eps now. Too many ideas!

Hello...I love the premise. Plenty of funny dark pandemonium potential.

Just as a by the by, I was talking the other day with an elderly Greek doctor with a special interest in immune problems. He mentioned another elderly physician, Prof Alan Ebringer, who postulates that BSE, aka mad cow disease, is actually bovine multiple sclerosis. Something in cattle feed. 'Their back legs go,' he said. The presentation is highly relatable to human MS.

And you touch on that fascinating idea of ghosts in the machine...people who have a transplant and a few months later they have a burning desire to consume Chicken MsWhatsits or whatever, when they'd never have touched it before with a barge pole.

Welcome Chris. It sounds like you have some fantastic ideas and I wish you luck with them. As you no doubt have contacts within the film industry you should cultivate and nurture for your scripts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

One person's take on forthcoming trends in fiction ...

Back