Help! How-to help needed

D

Fanfare! Can't wait for this...

Book Review: Things that go bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2018
USA
Litopia is rich in ways to interact with other members, but how does a newcomer like me learn his way around? Café life is simple and straightforward. But how do you submit a pop-up text? How do you offer a text for review and comment by your fellow writers? What is Discord; why that name? How do you use it? What is the back room and how does it different from Café Life? A little user's manual would go a long way to helping me really settle in. Do such a thing exist? If not, where can I find the answers I need? Peter's little guided tour only skims the surface.

Litopia is rich in ways to interact with other members, but how does a newcomer like me learn his way around?
The simplest way is to click and see. Most of the forum works exactly like Café Life. Click away. You won't break anything. :)

... how do you submit a pop-up text?
Click here to read about Pop-Up submissions, but do be aware that the submissions window is currently closed.

How do you offer a text for review and comment by your fellow writers?
Once you've been here a week and posted at least twenty times (which you have), you get access to the Writing Groups. You should have access now. The Writing Groups are found towards the bottom of the forum homepage.

Click here for instructions on how to use the Writing Groups.

Click here to read the Litopia method for giving and receiving critiques.

Click here for the Writing Groups Directory (where the actual critiquing takes place).

Click here to see a sample template for posting in the Writing Groups Directory.

What is Discord ... ? How do you use it?
Discord is a free platform that allows members to chat via text and/or voice. It was designed for online gamers, but is used by many communities who need a stable and free platform to communicate.

Click here for further information.

... why that name?
Your guess is as good as mine. ;)

What is the back room and how does it different from Café Life?
The Back Room is an area within Café Life designed for sensitive conversations. It offers limited privacy and enhanced thread management options (you can delete your own threads).

Click here for more information.

A little user's manual would go a long way to helping me really settle in. Do such a thing exist?
It doesn't. But by clicking around the forum – entering the various sections – you'll find many sticky posts (posts that always remain at the top of the sub-forum thread list) that will answer your questions. Most of the links I've posted above will take you to such posts.

If not, where can I find the answers I need?
Hopefully you'll find them all here in this post. And if not, go right ahead and ask. There'll always be someone around to help (a Guardian or other community member).

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Fanfare! Can't wait for this...

Book Review: Things that go bump

Back