Here I go..

Ethics & the Literary Agent

Reality Check Chapter heading blindness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2017
West Sussex
Good morning. I've just joined Litopia, at 2.40am, typically ridiculous time of the day, what IS the matter with me. Possibly to do with the fact I staggered in knackered after 12 hours farm work and slept from 7.30am.

Welcome from me too. I love "Sleepless in Litopia" but am the opposite: the only time I can write at all well is early in the morning - 6-8 am. If your avatar represents what it feels like to be a writer cum farmer awake in the early hours, then I rest my case!

Ahh thank you for all your welcoming replies, this seems like a nice forum. Please note Gollum's hair in my avatar. A result of the female menopause, to think I used to be so attractive 20 years ago. I keep 35 sheep of my own and a pet goat! And I work on a farm open to the public, we have calves, lambs, horses, piglets, I love it but oh lord, the mucking out is endless....My writing is, I hope, a humourous view of men and farming. Have written book, still grovelling for interest from agents.

Ahh thank you for all your welcoming replies, this seems like a nice forum. Please note Gollum's hair in my avatar. A result of the female menopause, to think I used to be so attractive 20 years ago. I keep 35 sheep of my own and a pet goat! And I work on a farm open to the public, we have calves, lambs, horses, piglets, I love it but oh lord, the mucking out is endless....My writing is, I hope, a humourous view of men and farming. Have written book, still grovelling for interest from agents.
If you are having hair issues, it could be an underactive thyroid, not just menopause.

Hi Cathy, welcome to the Colony! It's good round here. For critiquing and such, check out the Writing Groups section towards the bottom of the main page, or click this link to go straight to the instructions :)

Hello :) You're a hero. That is blimming hard work! The hair...I had good reason one night, to find out that kelp actually does something. Came off prednisone too fast, had a bit of a crash, reached for the kelp on impulse and it fetched me right again overnight. Adrenals, thyroid...connecting pathway.

Like @Rich said, poke about a bit, you'll find how to access critiquing support in The Mash.

Hi Cathy, welcome to the Colony! It's good round here. For critiquing and such, check out the Writing Groups section towards the bottom of the main page, or click this link to go straight to the instructions :)
Many thanks Rich, busy today but will have a rootle around later. It looks to be a really nice, friendly group of people.

Hello :) You're a hero. That is blimming hard work! The hair...I had good reason one night, to find out that kelp actually does something. Came off prednisone too fast, had a bit of a crash, reached for the kelp on impulse and it fetched me right again overnight. Adrenals, thyroid...connecting pathway.

Like @Rich said, poke about a bit, you'll find how to access critiquing support in The Mash.
Thank you Katie-Ellen, excellent kelpy advice and I will search out writing sections later.

Welcome from me too. I love "Sleepless in Litopia" but am the opposite: the only time I can write at all well is early in the morning - 6-8 am. If your avatar represents what it feels like to be a writer cum farmer awake in the early hours, then I rest my case!

It's a good time to write, and generally get things done. Nice focus / concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethics & the Literary Agent

Reality Check Chapter heading blindness

Back