More Questions about Tube and Train in London

Your Favourite Book of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlene Adamo

Basic
Jan 8, 2017
Canada
AgentPete, (who I hope is not a real secret agent as I hate those James Bond types), said this is step one in joining Litopia, so here it is. I'm hoping this will be an interesting experience. I am very interesting when I am not completely boring, but I will try my best not to bore people, but also not to rile them up into a crazed rioting mob. We all know there are more than enough of those about.

May I, on behalf of the crazed, rioting mob that calls itself Litopia, extend a warm welcome. Now that you have rashly and recklessly claimed to be very interesting, at least sometimes, why not tell us something about yourself?

May I, on behalf of the crazed, rioting mob that calls itself Litopia, extend a warm welcome. Now that you have rashly and recklessly claimed to be very interesting, at least sometimes, why not tell us something about yourself?

Thank you. Now I am left with the question of what is interesting. Mostly we are told what to believe as interesting by our rabid marketing culture and our agenda laden hierarchical institutions. It's also true that many things I find interesting, other people do not and vice versa. As well, things I found interesting even 5 years ago now look common and blase today. So not only is "interesting" subjective but is also seems to be fluid. Now, I am wondering whether I should have written that word at all. Is there anything specific you want to know?

If you are interested in what is around you, and look, and listen, and clearly you do, Arlene, then you are certain to be interesting to others who do the same :)

Welcome Arlene! We always find it interesting to hear what others write. Tell us about your genre, your hopes and dreams with your writing, your latest rejection letter...we'll listen to it all. Or post pictures of your cat sitting on your keyboard--that's always good for a laugh, at least. ;)

Thank you. Now I am left with the question of what is interesting. Mostly we are told what to believe as interesting by our rabid marketing culture and our agenda laden hierarchical institutions. It's also true that many things I find interesting, other people do not and vice versa. As well, things I found interesting even 5 years ago now look common and blase today. So not only is "interesting" subjective but is also seems to be fluid. Now, I am wondering whether I should have written that word at all. Is there anything specific you want to know?
:) Well said. I take the view that almost anything is interesting if you look at it closely enough. Even paint drying. But perhaps that makes me boring. As you say, it's all subjective. Good to have you here anyway. What colour paint would you most like to watch drying?

Welcome Arlene! We always find it interesting to hear what others write. Tell us about your genre, your hopes and dreams with your writing, your latest rejection letter...we'll listen to it all. Or post pictures of your cat sitting on your keyboard--that's always good for a laugh, at least. ;)
Or pictures of paint drying on your cat.

:) Well said. I take the view that almost anything is interesting if you look at it closely enough. Even paint drying. But perhaps that makes me boring. As you say, it's all subjective. Good to have you here anyway. What colour paint would you most like to watch drying?

That would depend upon which colour I needed to see at that moment.

Thanks!

I write according to inspiration not planning, so a genre just ends up happening with the evolving work. I've written historical fiction, mystery, fantasy, most recently science fiction, lots of poetry, short stories and a few things that I'm not sure how to categorize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

More Questions about Tube and Train in London

Your Favourite Book of 2016

Back