Hello - newbie saying hello

Help! Prose In US Historic Fiction

Hello World!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and welcome. Good luck with your writing. It fantasy and historical sounds interesting, especially with the Irish history.

Delete? I was referring to your reference, and the famous story of the churchman who's supposed to have actually said that, 'God knows his own', when it was put him him that they were killing 'innocent' Catholics alongside 'heretic Cathars'. The sack of Beziers. It worried the soldiers but the Abbott said "Kill them all, God will know His own". Not unlike the Normans, hanging 12 innocents or a 100 so long as they got the 1 they were after. Not a problem in their view. The innocents were in God's hands. Plus maybe it was a happy escape, as they saw it, if life was a pile of poo.

Delete? I was referring to your reference, and the famous story of the churchman who's supposed to have actually said that, 'God knows his own', when it was put him him that they were killing 'innocent' Catholics alongside 'heretic Cathars'. The sack of Beziers. It worried the soldiers but the Abbott said "Kill them all, God will know His own". Not unlike the Normans, hanging 12 innocents or a 100 so long as they got the 1 they were after. Not a problem in their view. The innocents were in God's hands. Plus maybe it was a happy escape, as they saw it, if life was a pile of poo.
Actually, that was exactly what I was referring to. :) And I was juxtaposing the sack of Beziers with the efforts of a particularly *energetic* editor. :)

Just having fun. :)

Hi and welcome. Good luck with your writing. It fantasy and historical sounds interesting, especially with the Irish history.

Hi Carly - thanks - it is a strange mix - but works for me. I also write short stories and am thinking about trying to sent them out to magazines/competitions - is there a forum here that discusses competitions?

I have 4 that are at various stages:
-a satirical sci fi alice in wonderland with a light-hearted, yet dark sense of humor
-a modernization of Hoyle's ideas mixed with the standard action novel format
-an exploration of modern physics and modern life from the perspective of Einstein's first wife
-a pop sci physics book which is struggling to find an appealing voice. It is a balancing act between aggression and peace.
WOW - you have your hands full with all of those - number 3 sounds very intriguing to me. I watched a mini-series about Einstein recently (I think Geoffrey Rush was in it) and thought his wife was an extremely interesting character.

A big welcome to you :)
We are all writers here and a great friendly bunch.
Looking forward to seeing some of your work and Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! Prose In US Historic Fiction

Hello World!

Back