Hello. My name is Paul and I'm an author...ish!

You are what you write....

What do we think about chapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening All. I hope everyone is well. I'm Paul, a retired firefighter and now spending my time writing, editing, writing, editing, walking the spaniel, writing and building new bungalows. I wrote my first novel to fill the void of leaving the fire service and as a fundraising project for the RSPCA and The Fire Fighters Charity. Though as anyone who has self-published on a very well known internet site (1st post so not sure if we can name sites?) will know there isn't much profit left on a 99p ebook! Every little helps though. I've left it there for a couple of years but would like to now see if I can get it published, so the manuscript is currently having a thorough makeover. Though having watched the pop-up submissions, I think even more work is required. Happy days...

...self-published on a very well known internet site (1st post so not sure if we can name sites?)...
Amaaaaaazoooooon, Amazon, Amazon, Amazon, Amaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzoooooooooon!!!!!

Do you mean that one?

Viciously slagging them off is probably best avoided, but there's nothing wrong with robust discussion (but if it's particularly robust, stick it in The Back Room). ;)

Welcome to the Colony, Paul! :)

Amaaaaaazoooooon, Amazon, Amazon, Amazon, Amaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzoooooooooon!!!!!

Do you mean that one?

Viciously slagging them off is probably best avoided, but there's nothing wrong with robust discussion (but if it's particularly robust, stick it in The Back Room). ;)

Welcome to the Colony, Paul! :)

Couldn't possible comment but I do like long rivers especially that flow through South America :cool:

Hi Paul and welcome to the colony, aka the Tesco and Amazon fan club, not. … corrected, whoops ..

Last edited:
@Rich - thank you! I am obviously suffering from Post-Pop Up Submission Stress …
@ Paul V - corrected … red faced embarrassed smile

Evening All. I hope everyone is well. I'm Paul, a retired firefighter and now spending my time writing, editing, writing, editing, walking the spaniel, writing and building new bungalows. I wrote my first novel to fill the void of leaving the fire service and as a fundraising project for the RSPCA and The Fire Fighters Charity. Though as anyone who has self-published on a very well known internet site (1st post so not sure if we can name sites?) will know there isn't much profit left on a 99p ebook! Every little helps though. I've left it there for a couple of years but would like to now see if I can get it published, so the manuscript is currently having a thorough makeover. Though having watched the pop-up submissions, I think even more work is required. Happy days...

Hiya Paul,
Welcome to Litopia. By joining this site, you've just proved that you're committed to getting your MS published. You'll find lots of helping hands here. What's your book about? From your past experience, you must have some great real life stories - heartbreaking and uplifting - that could be weaved into fiction. Good luck with the current edit.

Hiya Paul,
Welcome to Litopia. By joining this site, you've just proved that you're committed to getting your MS published. You'll find lots of helping hands here. What's your book about? From your past experience, you must have some great real life stories - heartbreaking and uplifting - that could be weaved into fiction. Good luck with the current edit.
Hi. Well funny you should say that! My story revolves around a time served firefighter who after attending dozens of fatal incidents, suddenly begins to see the 'ghost' of a young women who he recently extricated from a car crash. Though not an autobiography, much of the story is based on my time in the fire service (included that particular incident) and an really terrifying night at a Cornish hotel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are what you write....

What do we think about chapters?

Back