Fanfare! Hodderscape Open Sub in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emurelda

Basic
Feb 27, 2015
London
Breath...breath..breath!!!

Oh my goodnesss...after only one submission to one fave agent I have had a full MS request. AAARRARGGGHGHHHH!!!!!!

Sorry...it just happened a few minutes ago. What do I do? where's my email account my minds gone blank.

Ok...I will calm first and then hopefully after a few moments my emotions will part way for my frazzled intellect to take over. If it's still there. I just had a swim and I'm a bit murky in the upstairs department.

But oh my!! I'm part of you guys now!!!!

Wait wait, are you saying you had a full manuscript request... with your very first submission?:eek:

Thanks all. Am trying to get MS word installed because they want it in that format. Just going through document now.

I was going to apply to more agents but wanted to completed second novel too.
Didn't finish it yet. But got the synopsis hand written and started it..also finished third novel synopsis - handwritten too.

Edit: Was trying to finish the second one during Camp Nanowrimo with @Karen Gray, @Jennifer Stone and @Diamond . July is nearly over but one week left still! Every day counts now :D

Last edited:
They want to know if I've submitted to anyone else. What should I say? Will I look like a plonker if I said no one. Bit naive?

I have only submitted to 2 publishers and not heard back from them. That's all. But no other agent has been approached. Oh and they are such a nice agency. My hopes are going up a notch.

Best of luck :) Since they've asked directly. I'd tell the truth, and say you'll let them know immediately if you get a full MS request elsewhere.

And sign with your full name and no blooming initials :)

Ok. Does that mean I should keep submitting anyway and let the new agency know that it has been requested? Or is this not right? I'm sorry I really don't know what is taboo or what is within the rights of writers...ooooh I can call myself that!! Been thinking that I've been winging it all this time. :D

You're welcome. I'm really glad it worked for you! I feel like we need to throw a party!!

I love your optimism but no party yet! I have to get them to like the rest of the MS. That bit I'm realistic over. If they reject then I know that the letter works but the book doesn't. I just want to get an idea about the book now.

But if the covering letter has opened the way for request then I just need to hunker down and get the book fulfilling any promises I've made.:eek:

Best of luck :) Since they've asked directly. I'd tell the truth, and say you'll let them know immediately if you get a full MS request elsewhere.

And sign with your full name and no blooming initials :)
I agree — a lot of them know each other well.

"Hey Steve, did you get this one submitted?"
"Yup."
Easy as that. They won't like the look of a lie this early in the relationship.

You could say instead that "you are my first submission response, and I can offer six weeks of exclusivity." Thoughts?

I love your optimism but no party yet! I have to get them to like the rest of the MS. That bit I'm realistic over. If they reject then I know that the letter works but the book doesn't. I just want to get an idea about the book now.

But if the covering letter has opened the way for request then I just need to hunker down and get the book fulfilling any promises I've made.:eek:
Yeah, but at this point even if you are rejected on dint of the book, you're very likely to get industry professional advice on how to FIX it!

I agree — a lot of them know each other well.

"Hey Steve, did you get this one submitted?"
"Yup."
Easy as that. They won't like the look of a lie this early in the relationship.

You could say instead that "you are my first submission response, and I can offer six weeks of exclusivity." Thoughts?

Hmmm...I like this one. Will think about it after I've finished checking through my MS.

Yeah, but at this point even if you are rejected on dint of the book, you're very likely to get industry professional advice on how to FIX it!

Ok - I didn't realise this but exactly what I need to improve. Of course when that happens I will...erm..be back and ask for some help here again too ;)

MS Word, yuck! You should need to install that at all. If you are using any decent word process it SHOULD have an option to save in any number of formats including DOC and DOCX, mine certain has. Be careful you don't loose formatting and page numbers. Otherwise congratulations, I hope they like it ;)

MS Word, yuck! You should need to install that at all. If you are using any decent word process it SHOULD have an option to save in any number of formats including DOC and DOCX, mine certain has. Be careful you don't loose formatting and page numbers. Otherwise congratulations, I hope they like it ;)
I used Microsoft Works Word Processor, until I wrote Across the World, and had to switch to MS Word because it was the only thing that could handle right-to-left Arabic script easily. WPS butchered it.

Yes, that's why I'm taking no chances here. I did download openoffice and have used that along with scrivener to create my manuscript. But just don't know if it looks ok in MS word. I'm going to be so annoyed if there is any formatting issue.

Open Office will save into DOC format, hence why I have two or more copies, and always send out the DOC version. Simply choice 'Save As' and select 'save as type' Microsoft Word 97.... and that's it, all done.

Open Office will save into DOC format, hence why I have two or more copies, and always send out the DOC version. Simply choice 'Save As' and select 'save as type' Microsoft Word 97.... and that's it, all done.
Have you double checked it by opening it up in MS? Or asked someone to check it?

Breath...breath..breath!!!

Oh my goodnesss...after only one submission to one fave agent I have had a full MS request. AAARRARGGGHGHHHH!!!!!!

Sorry...it just happened a few minutes ago. What do I do? where's my email account my minds gone blank.

Ok...I will calm first and then hopefully after a few moments my emotions will part way for my frazzled intellect to take over. If it's still there. I just had a swim and I'm a bit murky in the upstairs department.

But oh my!! I'm part of you guys now!!!!
Way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WritersServices Website

Fanfare! Hodderscape Open Sub in August

Back