David Fickling Books - Small Submission Window

Query Letter Pet Peeves

Amazon opened its first physical book store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikey! That's a seriously huge number of writers out there with work looking for homes!

It's like a job application :eek: I suppose it is a job application only it's more like showing your baby to them and telling them 'see how beautiful he/she is' only to be told 'well yeah - but this baby is better'o_O

It's like a job application :eek: I suppose it is a job application only it's more like showing your baby to them and telling them 'see how beautiful he/she is' only to be told 'well yeah - but this baby is better'o_O
Lol you make me smile mrs!

Hey at least there are a few of us here and not just one sitting like a wee Norman waiting for an email :) (no offence to any actual Normans in the room)

I have to say, the lack of information would have been disheartening if I hadn't withdrawn my work. You would think they could spare 2 mins to post some updates. How many's still in the running?

They're a small operation - got to give them time to read and make their choice!

As they say on their website:
We will now be announcing our Top 5 submissions, as well as the overall winner of the Master of the Inkpot in October 2015.

We feel we need to take this extra time to make sure that we've given every single one of the 1,000 submissions the proper care and attention they deserve. So if you are an entrant to the competition - hold tight! More news will be on its way very soon... we're very excited by what we have read so far.

Thank you so much for entering and for your patience.

I have to say, the lack of information would have been disheartening if I hadn't withdrawn my work. You would think they could spare 2 mins to post some updates. How many's still in the running?

Did you have to write to them to withdraw?

That's decent of them - normally with this sort of competition you only hear if you're a winner.

Has anyone else heard back you? I saw over of Absolute Write that a number of people there have had rejections too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Query Letter Pet Peeves

Amazon opened its first physical book store

Back