Neurotic Writing

Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich.

Emeritus
Sep 28, 2017
Spain
A quick reminder about the tools available in the Writing Groups!

I've become aware of a few situations lately where members may have avoided problems if they had taken advantage of the full range of tools available in the Writing Groups.

Please keep in mind that when you create a thread in that area of the forum a unique set of tools becomes available. At the moment of creation, if you scroll down, you'll see a check box that allows you to make the thread private and invite selected members to participate with you. Once the thread has been created a further set of tools becomes available, which you access via a drop-down menu at the top of the screen, next to the Watch button – look for a button with three dots and a down arrow. When you click it the following options will appear:
Edit threadallows you to change the title of the thread
Lock threadprevents further replies in the thread
Change to private thread allows you to remove the thread from public view and invite only selected members to participate in it (private threads can also be changed back to public)
Add/remove members from threadallows you to manage participants in a private thread
Delete threadallows you to remove a thread that's finished with (this will also remove any attached material from Litopia's servers)

Using these tools gives you a great deal of control over how much of your work is present on our servers, who sees your work, and how long any given critique process lasts. I'd encourage you all to make full use of them.

Many thanks!

Good point, well made! It's my intention to do just that. As soon as I've finished a few other bits of housekeeping, the message will appear. Thanks, Steve :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic Writing

Hi

Back