• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Craft Chat BPA Pitch contest

Pamela Jo

Blogger
BPA has offered me value for money in the past when I played for an editorial read. Prices seem a bit higher... but I got nuts and bolts advice-no being nice because you are paying for this. What I would have gotten from an agent, I think.

So I thought this one would separate me from £12. Now I'm not so sure.

I took a look at previous winners and shortlisters, and none of them have an X chromosome. Does BPA primarily serve female authors? Would they welcome me? I'm bloo, after all.

EDIT: Ugh! I meant none have a Y chromosome. I guess the disappearing y really is a thing :p

Theory of the "rotting" Y chromosome dealt a fatal blow | Whitehead Institute

Last edited:
So I thought this one would separate me from £12. Now I'm not so sure.

I took a look at previous winners and shortlisters, and none of them has an X chromosome. Does BPA primarily serve female authors? Would they welcome me? I'm bloo, after all.
Go for it. I know someone that won it.

Back