Help! Beta Readers

Italics for Inner Thoughts?

M

Twenty-two Rules to Perfect Storytelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stephen Drake

It's hard, but I would like a couple of beta readers for my novel, "Displaced". It may contain Adult situations and is approximately 143,000 words. Below is the "hook":

When Kevin Murdock, martial artist and outdoorsman extraordinaire, is revived from suspended animation aboard a transport pod, he and the nine other occupants have no idea what to expect.

Murdock tries to instill caution in the others after seeing a few of the animals that inhabit their shared environment, all of which are a lot larger than their Earthly counterparts.

As happens when humans are involved, conflicts rage between Murdock and James Whittier, a politician with a lust for power and control. First, with the reality of their situation and later over Whittier’s perception of Murdock’s taking over the leadership of the colony. Murdock does his best to convince the others to use their common sense and to be more self-reliant. Some see the wisdom in this, but feel they are powerless against Whittier and his minions.

Once Murdock is ostracized from the little colony, he finds that there are other entities that are more dangerous to the humans and are a lot more powerful than any of the humans realize. He also finds that there are some things about himself that he was unaware of. He finds that he has been enhanced and that starts him to question what he knows about himself, as his own story is not what he thought it was.

Well... my hubby and mother in law are your target market. Hubby reads all the time(mostly sci/fi) one of the only things his illness hasn't taken from him. And my mother in law devours sci/fi books like no mans business. Anyways... 3 sets of eyes for the price of one and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italics for Inner Thoughts?

M

Twenty-two Rules to Perfect Storytelling

Back