Beta readers

Fanfare! Getting all murderous

R

Newbie Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MichaelBlackbourn

Hey everyone. I'm putting the finishing touches in a pair of sci Fi short stories l. One is about the weight of creating the first super intelligent AI would have on the researchers working on it. Basically a story about how even getting ready to summon a demon could drive the summoner mad.

And the second is a follow up story that is about the aftermath of such pivotal change to the world.

But I'm sorely lacking in beta readers. I have a few but not nearly enough.

Any resources you guys use?

This group of people is very accommodating to being beta readers - and they give great suggestions. I've also been told that Goodreads's beta reader group is a good resource; however, I have yet to try it (that whole paranoid thing really hampers me sometimes, but better that than my MS stolen :)).

Normally I'd volunteer to read it, but I'm in the middle of writing a book and have three other books to beta read, plus I'm travelling a bunch through the end of the year.

Hey everyone. I'm putting the finishing touches in a pair of sci Fi short stories l. One is about the weight of creating the first super intelligent AI would have on the researchers working on it. Basically a story about how even getting ready to summon a demon could drive the summoner mad.

And the second is a follow up story that is about the aftermath of such pivotal change to the world.

But I'm sorely lacking in beta readers. I have a few but not nearly enough.

Any resources you guys use?
This group of people is very accommodating to being beta readers - and they give great suggestions. I've also been told that Goodreads's beta reader group is a good resource; however, I have yet to try it (that whole paranoid thing really hampers me sometimes, but better that than my MS stolen :)).

Normally I'd volunteer to read it, but I'm in the middle of writing a book and have three other books to beta read, plus I'm travelling a bunch through the end of the year.
I'm signed-up to read five, for fellow Litopians, at present. Or is it six? @Robinne Weiss, did I say I would read one of yours? After I get through some of those, I'll check back in and see if you still need anyone!

Nicole, what was your beta deadline, again?

I'm signed-up to read five, for fellow Litopians, at present. Or is it six? @Robinne Weiss, did I say I would read one of yours? After I get through some of those, I'll check back in and see if you still need anyone!

Nicole, what was your beta deadline, again?
February if possible :) I'd like to start putting it out for agents in April and I'll need time to comb through y'alls comments.

index.php
tumblr_m9359jBrbJ1rzhv5ho1_400.gif

I went to the place where they shot The Prisoner. Filmed it, I mean, not executed some hapless convict. Some place in Wales, but I've totally forgotten the name. That was quite weird and unusual too.

Port Merion, I do believe. I remember going on a family holiday when I was young, long before I watched The Prisoner. It's quite eerie, like the place is trapped in another time entirely and it's unusually quiet.

I'm happy to read them, but I'm in the middle of @Nicole Wilson's novel at the moment, and can't commit to any extra reading until the school year is over and the garden is all planted (or I'll just irritate you by not actually getting it done)...that's mid-December, I'm afraid. If that's not too late, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfare! Getting all murderous

R

Newbie Alert!

Back