Beta Readers Group

Back This Sunday... :)

A Litopian's reality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

halion

Basic
Jan 14, 2019
I was hoping to start a group of aspiring authors (published ones welcome too of all genres; more varied the better I feel for fresh perspectives) and some beta readers who simply like to read and provide feedback into the mix. Not that there would be any leader or such of the group, just gmails and or skype chat to discuss and share our chapters as we go through this journey. The problem is I am loath to post chapters on forums for 2 reasons. The first is that I read on on the terms of another site that such a thing can perhaps put you into a 'published' state which some publishers and agents may take issue with; I'd rather not have to explain that everytime I query. The second is that I am looking for a group which is hardcore and trying to better each other's writing very regularly rather than a one-off which beta readers can come into the mix.

Any advice with how to go about this?

Also if there were any beta readers interested in looking at what I have written: Middle Grade Fantasy adventure; 12 year old boy crossing a dangerous land on a quest (roughly 83k words), I'd be very interested.

Last edited:
Hi @halion and welcome to Litopia! :)

HERE is where you'll find the nuts and bolts of the Colony.

And HERE is the appropriate place to post work you'd like critique on. The forum is not publicly searchable, and anything you post there is not considered "published" work. See HERE for an explanation of the Writing Groups.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi @halion, welcome!

Litopia does already have a writing group forum for beta readers, but you do have to make a few posts/wait a few days before you get access. It's worthwhile posting there, you get a lot of good feedback.

From a publishers perspective, as @Carol Rose has said, it's not publicly searchable + I think you can delete/make the thread private to only certain members once you've got the feedback/beta reading group, you want for your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back This Sunday... :)

A Litopian's reality!

Back