Book Review: Before Sunset (2004)

Book Review: No Country for Old Men (2007)

Book Review: Joker (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve C

Basic
Mar 1, 2019
Thailand
gycdE1ARByGQcK4fYR2mgpU6OO.jpg

Title: Before Sunset

Tagline: What if you had a second chance with the one that got away?

Genre: Drama, Romance

Director: Richard Linklater

Cast: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy, Vernon Dobtcheff, Louise Lemoine Torrès, Rodolphe Pauly, Mariane Plasteig, Diabolo, Denis Evrard, Albert Delpy, Marie Pillet

Release: 2004-02-10

Runtime: 80

Plot: Nine years ago two strangers met by chance and spent a night in Vienna that ended before sunrise. They are about to meet for the first time since. Now they have one afternoon to find out if they belong together.

I liked this. Essentially a long conversation on what might have been. It touched me.

This is a trilogy ..the three of them are all worth checking out ... remarkable piece of work ... never schmaltzy

Oh, yes! This trilogy is just amazingly crafted and, at least for me, reflects powerful themes in my own life.

In some ways, this second installment is most provocative because it plays out that "what if" fantasy. Of course, the amazing stroll through Paris doesn't hurt either.

But the thing that destroys me every time is him telling her that, if someone touched him, he would probably dissolve. And then, toward the end she hugs him and says she wanted to see if he would dissolve. And, obviously, he hasn't, physically. But there's just the hint that emotionally he has.

Amazing work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book Review: No Country for Old Men (2007)

Book Review: Joker (2019)

Back