Bedtime Story Competition

Digital Writers Festival

Bloated Writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

Jul 26, 2018
Ireland
"This year's Bedtime Story Competition theme is imagination, and we want to read stories about what can happen when you use your imagination, the power of imagination and even imaginary friends!

An opportunity of a lifetime
Opening 6th September, we're accepting 200-800 word stories across three age categories on the theme of imagination. Each category winner will receive a prize of £250 RRP worth of hand-picked books from Book People. The age categories are age 5-7, 8-9 and 10-11.

One overall winner from all 3 categories will have the chance to work with an editor from Little Tiger Press to help their story come to life. Illustrator Sara Sanchez will then create stunning artwork to accompany the text, and the book will be published in 2018 and sold exclusively at BookPeople.co.uk. At least 35% of proceeds from the winning book will go to Save the Children UK."

bedtime-comp-intro | Book People

(The writer of Zanoo (Julie?) from the Pop-Up Subs on Sunday might be interested in this if she is on here)

Just to clarify, the age categories mentioned are of the writers, not the readers.

(In case anyone made the same initial assumption as me, that the competition was aimed at grown-ups)

I've mentioned it to my eight year-old daughter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Writers Festival

Bloated Writing

Back