Question: Are all artists using AI now?

Rant So...

What Would You Do? So Canva's using AI now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake E

Apr 6, 2020
England
I went onto Fiverr today to see if I could find an artist to do a book cover.
Using the ones I made with an AI generator just didn't sit right with me. I love the covers I've made, but... I didn't really make them did I.
So I head over to Fiverr and what do I find?

Artists clearly using AI to create book covers.
Why would I pay someone to use a tool that I can use just as effectively?

The other option is to try reedsy, but what guarantee do I have that they won't use AI, too?
Anyone know where I can find a bonefide cover artist that:
a) doesn't use AI
b) doesn't cost a fortune

?

I went onto Fiverr today to see if I could find an artist to do a book cover.
Using the ones I made with an AI generator just didn't sit right with me. I love the covers I've made, but... I didn't really make them did I.
So I head over to Fiverr and what do I find?

Artists clearly using AI to create book covers.
Why would I pay someone to use a tool that I can use just as effectively?

The other option is to try reedsy, but what guarantee do I have that they won't use AI, too?
Anyone know where I can find a bonefide cover artist that:
a) doesn't use AI
b) doesn't cost a fortune

?
You could try my daughter. https://www.instagram.com/florence_thornton_art/
She is anti, anti, anti AI!

to answer the question in the title... absolutely NOT!
most-if-not-all artists are fervently against using AI to create art, and AI scraping from their work. AI art has become a huge problem in the digital artist community, not because artists are using it, but because so many others are using it to replace artists. it's a disgrace.
people who use AI to make their book covers, or character designs, or anything that they call "their own art" are NOT artists. people create art because they like it and it is their passion, not to impress other people or make money. calling people who use AI to create art "artists" is an insult to the people who do their own work. we don't claim them!

P.S. if you want to find a cover artist in your style, just search the tag "art" on tumblr, twitter/X, or instagram and see who you find. there are tons of amazing artists in tons of styles. one thing that clearly sets AI art apart from real, human-made art is that human-made art is much more stylized. AI art is always somewhere along the spectrum from anime to photorealistic. but few real artists actually draw like this-- scroll for a bit and explore all the different styles people draw in! :)

to answer the question in the title... absolutely NOT!
most-if-not-all artists are fervently against using AI to create art, and AI scraping from their work. AI art has become a huge problem in the digital artist community, not because artists are using it, but because so many others are using it to replace artists. it's a disgrace.
people who use AI to make their book covers, or character designs, or anything that they call "their own art" are NOT artists. people create art because they like it and it is their passion, not to impress other people or make money. calling people who use AI to create art "artists" is an insult to the people who do their own work. we don't claim them!

P.S. if you want to find a cover artist in your style, just search the tag "art" on tumblr, twitter/X, or instagram and see who you find. there are tons of amazing artists in tons of styles. one thing that clearly sets AI art apart from real, human-made art is that human-made art is much more stylized. AI art is always somewhere along the spectrum from anime to photorealistic. but few real artists actually draw like this-- scroll for a bit and explore all the different styles people draw in! :)
I've sent a quote request to a few artists on reedsy to see how much they charge.
I really like my AI covers, but I can't stomach using them. It just doesn't feel right

Do you have a local art centre / college / uni where you live? If you think out of the box you might find someone on your doorstep. Students may like to take on some paid work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rant So...

What Would You Do? So Canva's using AI now...

Back