• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Help Please! Anyone else having problems with Writers & Artists' website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E G Logan

LitBits
Italy
Because my copy of the 2021 Writers & Artists' Yearbook is still (creepingly slowly) in transit, thought I'd look at their website meantime.

However, I keep getting an IT error message 504. This means nothing at all to me.

1. Has anyone else noticed this?
2. Can someone more IT savvy than I am -- that would be almost anyone -- tell me the significance of this?

504 means that their server is broken, please stand by....

This might be a caching issue, so try a different browser, but otherwise you just have to wait for them to fix it.

Because my copy of the 2021 Writers & Artists' Yearbook is still (creepingly slowly) in transit, thought I'd look at their website meantime.

However, I keep getting an IT error message 504. This means nothing at all to me.

1. Has anyone else noticed this?
2. Can someone more IT savvy than I am -- that would be almost anyone -- tell me the significance of this?
The best you can do is click refresh, cos it's a time-out issue (and possible that it's not your problem if they're refreshing their site/updating, or under attack).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back