Question: Agent for YA sci-fi

Last day!

September Flash Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a database called AgentMatch that you can access free for a week that's updated regularly. You can search by genre. I don't have the link to hand, though you can find it by Googling, I'm sure.

Do you mind if they're UK or US based? Have you tried MS Wishlist? I'd start there, searching with a comp title or sci-fi. Good luck!
Good idea, Rachel.
But if you do that, double check with the agent's agency website that the details – do they want you to email? or use query manager? OR have they closed to submissions – are up to date. Agents don't always update all their listings.

I wasted a lot of time last night that way: one closed for now, one seems out of business (!), one now using QM...

There's a database called AgentMatch that you can access free for a week that's updated regularly. You can search by genre. I don't have the link to hand, though you can find it by Googling, I'm sure.
Found it! Thanks RG, that's really helpful :)
Do you mind if they're UK or US based? Have you tried MS Wishlist? I'd start there, searching with a comp title or sci-fi. Good luck!
This too, thanks Rachel!

The one I found from my list with YA sci fi as well is Max Edwards. Apple Tree literary agency (began 2019). I don't know much about it though.
Ey up - I don't suppose any of your carefully compiled list are seeking a YA Crossover Thriller with contemporary social and ethical themes?

Ey up - I don't suppose any of your carefully compiled list are seeking a YA Crossover Thriller with contemporary social and ethical themes?
Hannah Sheppard. DHH Literary Agency.
Hannah represents authors across children’s fiction (from 9+ including teen and YA) and a small number of adult fiction authors (her main interests are thrillers and romance).
She likes stories that push the boundaries, have a strong voice and, often, a dark edge – although she’d love to find a great contemporary romance too.

Joe Unwin Literary agency.
Joe Uwin:
I represent authors of literary fiction, commercial women’s fiction, Young Adult fiction and fiction for children aged 9+ but not younger (picture books only if written by established clients). I also represent comic writing and narrative non-fiction.
I’m interested in books that make me consider the world around me in a different way and challenge my received ideas. I like voices that are compelling and unique. I’m drawn to novels that bring out the intimate or domestic in a way that’s entirely personal to the characters but also resonates on a wider human level. Whether it’s fiction or non-fiction, it’s the personal that I love: I always want to get to know people and to hear their stories, and to feel I have come to understand them.

Last edited:
Joe Unwin Literary agency.
Joe Uwin:
I represent authors of literary fiction, commercial women’s fiction, Young Adult fiction and fiction for children aged 9+ but not younger (picture books only if written by established clients). I also represent comic writing and narrative non-fiction.
I’m interested in books that make me consider the world around me in a different way and challenge my received ideas. I like voices that are compelling and unique. I’m drawn to novels that bring out the intimate or domestic in a way that’s entirely personal to the characters but also resonates on a wider human level. Whether it’s fiction or non-fiction, it’s the personal that I love: I always want to get to know people and to hear their stories, and to feel I have come to understand them.
Their website says closed for subs at the moment, though I have just submitted to the other one (DHH).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last day!

September Flash Club

Back