Amusement A Writer's Room

Anyone Know This Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva Ulian

Nov 16, 2018
Venice - Italy
DSC06091 (3).JPG small.JPG
Some years ago The Guardian printed an article on writer's rooms and showed pictures of writers at their working desk, giving explanations of their routine and any oddities that they particularly enjoyed.

Wouldn't it be fun to tell each other about the rooms we write in ;)

As you can see from the picture, @Barbara's suggested chalk board is in the background with notes on my WIP. Sitting in a rather prominent position is my personal assistant who casts, intimidating, if not threatening glances for me to sit at my desk and get on with it.

However, once my assistant is satisfied I am earnest in taking up her counsel, she will remove herself from the central working area and supervise from a side angle.

Do you have a special room/corner to work in or an assistant?

DSC06092 (3).JPG sm.JPG

I don't have the cat or the camera, but I do have a whiteboard (a big one on the wall), three scrapbooks, a portable whiteboard, and a massage chair (when using the portable whiteboard - makes for some crazazazazy writing). A few dozen half-filled notebooks of varying sizes (I get office chuck-outs; unused diaries, pads, etc. that would otherwise go to the tip).

I'd like the cat to keep my lap warm, or my hands when they need a rest - hire out, perhaps?

You have a lovely cat, Eva. And good to hear you have discovered the benefits of the chalk board.

And Steve, wow, what a view.

This is my writing area for the next two weeks. The bar, where I normally write at, has … Argh! ... gone. I'm tempted to write on the walls before I tile over. In a few decades, when someone decides to redo the room with new tiles, they will find the notes of my book.

1566286799177.png

I don't have the cat or the camera, but I do have a whiteboard (a big one on the wall), three scrapbooks, a portable whiteboard, and a massage chair (when using the portable whiteboard - makes for some crazazazazy writing). A few dozen half-filled notebooks of varying sizes (I get office chuck-outs; unused diaries, pads, etc. that would otherwise go to the tip).

I'd like the cat to keep my lap warm, or my hands when they need a rest - hire out, perhaps?
sounds quite a busy area.

You have a lovely cat, Eva. And good to hear you have discovered the benefits of the chalk board.

And Steve, wow, what a view.

This is my writing area for the next two weeks. The bar, where I normally write at, has … Argh! ... gone. I'm tempted to write on the walls before I tile over. In a few decades, when someone decides to redo the room with new tiles, they will find the notes of my book.

View attachment 4220
Oh Barbara, good job it's only for two weeks... I'd not be happy working here for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone Know This Site

Back