Inspiration! A Good News Story

We all need a bit of it in these strange times...

Reality Check Mark Twain: "Write what you know." Well, maybe.

Back From the Big Family Trip To... Idaho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
This story about the success of Torri Newman, a flight attendant, in securing a seven-figure, two-book publishing deal shows that anything is possible.

‘Jaws at 35,000 feet’: the flight attendant whose thriller debut sold for seven figures

It’s worth clicking on the link to her literary agent Shane Salerno, who knows what he’s doing—I wish that he represented me. I mentioned him before:

https://colony.litopia.com/threads/a-good-news-story.6019/

57b635c0-7465-4724-8286-19f110148adf-AP21035659860726.jpg

Shane Salerno
He's one smart cookie, Paul. He's agent for some high-rolling crime and suspense guys through his Story Factory. Mentioned him myself a few times on here. He as also got Adrian McKinty, Steve Cavanagh and mega successful author Don Winslow on his books, as well as a host of others.

He's just done another seven figure deal for AMcK (two book deal) and sold the movie rights for A McK's The Chain to Universal (another seven figures)

His M.O. is more as a manager / agent rather than just a traditional literary agent. He doesn't know it yet, but he's about to sign me to his stable too. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Form an orderly queue there please! Story Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Check Mark Twain: "Write what you know." Well, maybe.

Back From the Big Family Trip To... Idaho!

Back