$250 anyone?

Longest Wait for a Rejection Letter ever!

Open House for submissions at United Agents in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
With my other hat on I do some commercial copywriting. I was browsing for work today and came across this job posting:

-----------
Mystery Thriller Suspense Book For Amazon

Fixed-Price - Expert ($$$) - Est. Budget: $250 - Posted 27 minutes ago

I need a 33,000 word mystery thriller suspense book . A story of your choice. This book must be entertaining and great character development. You must come with the storyline plot and the title of the book. Once again this book must be a page turner. A very compelling and believable story. All work must be original and free of grammatical errors and due within four weeks. The font must be Georgia pt 12. Paragraph spacing has to be 1.5. The book has to be written in Chapter form and each chapter name has to have a marketable title. Your final document will submitted in a word document. The plot and the whole theme of the book must be approved by me but it must be in a popular science fiction category. The book must have a 250 word description included for marketing purposes.

Skills: Content Writing, ebook Writing, Ghostwriting
Client: Payment verified, $25,000+ spent, United States

------------

I'm searching for words to describe anyone who would take this on. On the other hand, could be good business if you come up with people who actually take on this work. The length is interesting - I think this would usually be classified as a novella?

I've read about these guys--pay a pittance to a writer to produce a book on X topic, then slap their name on it and sell it. Their expertise is in marketing, and because others write the books, they can have lots of books out there earning money for them.

To put the $250 in perspective, doing interpretive writing, I charge $70/hr. Not enough time in $250 to write a 200-word interpretive panel, let alone a novella...

It's the bare faced cheek of it. Akin to someone writing your thesis for a ph.d. There are villians in every industry.
I don't think they're villains in the strict sense of the word. It's just sad that anyone who has the capability to do write to this spec deserves better. But then. there are people who write commercial stiff for $2/500 words.

I have had people ask me to edit dissertations so that they pass copyscape. No way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longest Wait for a Rejection Letter ever!

Open House for submissions at United Agents in the UK

Back