Help! Your help, please... Clerihew for Sunday...

Submissions Surgery

Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
Need an opening line to give the chatroom to compose a Clerihew for Sunday...

Done Trump quite enough. Something a bit topical, with lots of rhyming potential... :)

Heat? Sun?

Standing/sitting sweating in the sun...

Standing/sitting melting in the heat...

Last edited:
Isn't a Clerihew normally about someone famous (I've just learned)?

A famous meteorologist is like a precarious apologist...

Indeed it is. The FB one could easily be adapted... and give some interesting rhyming possibilities...

It might become about someone famous...depending whose head the coconut falls on. But we'd need the name inside the first 2 lines/first rhyme.

Round and fickle as the moon
Was Mr Porky, Kim Jong Un....

A few UK political ones for you:

Oh Boris, that marvellous hair...

Nigel is back, shout hooray...

The troubles of Jeremy C...

If only May made hay...

I’ve been busy tweaking the Pop-Ups format ready for our return on Sept 23rd. One thing that many people have said is that it’s still too long to watch / listen to (it’s also available as a podcast) in one sitting. We started-out at a rather ludicrous 3 hours, when I was reviewing nine submissions all by myself. We’re now down to 90 minutes, which is still overlong.

When we return, the length will be just 60 minutes, so only time for five submissions. Bearing in mind we will need to include time in the show to speak to our guest publisher, even 5 subs in 60 mins is a bit tight. So, it’s possible that we may have to do away with Clerihews, we’ll see.

A lot also depends on the quantity of submissions made, too. If we become severely backlogged, we might have to go twice weekly, or to pre-vet submissions, or to include some in an aftertime event. Those are all options.

It would be a bit of a shame to pre-vet submissions, though; I think a lot of the success is that it could really be anything, and widens the scope a lot. Having said that, it *is* your time and energy, which is finite! Looking forward to the return and thank you :)

Maybe just Peter and publisher, no panel, the weeks there is a guest publisher, plus Litopian riots inputs from chat room, would free more prime time for publisher's inputs. Panel instead when publisher can't make it. We can still create mayhem help out from the chat room.

Maybe just Peter and publisher, no panel, the weeks there is a guest publisher, plus Litopian riots inputs from chat room, would free more prime time for publisher's inputs. Panel instead when publisher can't make it. We can still create mayhem help out from the chat room.

The chatroom is an integral part of the format, and provides really invaluable live feedback for any writer, so it will still be very prominent. And a guest Litopian on each show has also become indispensable, too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Submissions Surgery

Hi everyone

Back