You are still allowed to be a fat female writer- how merciful!

Capitalising sentences

What writing issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2016
Netherlands
I came across this article today, highlighting some unfortunate comments from (apparently) influential editors:

http://jezebel.com/dont-worry-women...source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

A link to the original statements is embedded in the text, but putting them into full context makes it even worse. I don't know, but I would guess that how much you get paid for a novel, or whether it gets accepted for publishing at all should have literally nothing to do with how you look like.

As always, I will not think of anything better to say about this than couldn't be already found in the comment section, so I'll just shamelessly paste it here:

"Sucks to be George RR Martin. OH, WAIT...":D

Oh, I am sure you will see it again, Bluma. It gets everywhere, that Little Owl and its name is Dudley (aka Dudley the Deadly)

Allowances made for non-native speakers. I do assure you, your English is excellent, while my Polish is next to non existent. Yes, no, hello, goodbye, please and thank you.

I saw the original interview and it made me sigh and shrug, 'twas ever thus. Chocolate is the only answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitalising sentences

What writing issue...

Back