You are still allowed to be a fat female writer- how merciful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this article today, highlighting some unfortunate comments from (apparently) influential editors:

http://jezebel.com/dont-worry-women...source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

A link to the original statements is embedded in the text, but putting them into full context makes it even worse. I don't know, but I would guess that how much you get paid for a novel, or whether it gets accepted for publishing at all should have literally nothing to do with how you look like.

As always, I will not think of anything better to say about this than couldn't be already found in the comment section, so I'll just shamelessly paste it here:

"Sucks to be George RR Martin. OH, WAIT...":D

This is the second time I se this owl and I demand that I see it on at least one more occasion:D
PS. Fair Trade chocolate kickes ass.

Oh, I am sure you will see it again, Bluma. It gets everywhere, that Little Owl and its name is Dudley (aka Dudley the Deadly)

Allowances made for non-native speakers. I do assure you, your English is excellent, while my Polish is next to non existent. Yes, no, hello, goodbye, please and thank you.

I saw the original interview and it made me sigh and shrug, 'twas ever thus. Chocolate is the only answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back