Writing Killer Synopses – updated again!

Blog Post: Padre Pio and I

Hemingway's Writing Tips

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
The “Writing Killer Synopses” seminar has been updated once again. One of the new features we’ve added to all video seminars is on-screen subtitles. This can be useful if, for example, you’re not certain about a particular word that’s been used, or perhaps if you're watching it with the volume turned down.

However, the problem with AI-generated subtitles, as I’m now discovering, is that… they sometimes don’t make any sense at all. And sometimes, hilariously so.

For example, in the WKS seminar, at one point I use the term:

“big dénouement”.

The state-of-the-art AI renders this as:

“big day rumor”

Dontcha love AI…?

Anyway, the full-corrected subtitled version (and mon dieu, there were a lot of corrections) is now uploaded and available.

If you haven’t watched this or any of the other video seminars yet, please do – you can access them from your Account Portal under the “Courses” menu.

I'm always grateful for subtitles... being hard of hearing and slightly doolally. About 90% of subtitle content is good... the rest a mix of quirky and laughable. Thanks for this.

I'm always grateful for subtitles... being hard of hearing and slightly doolally. About 90% of subtitle content is good... the rest a mix of quirky and laughable. Thanks for this.
Mickle, what percentage Doollally are you? I'm Irish/German myself. It's difficult because one half is always laughing at the the other half - who doesn't get it. Maybe that's what it feels like to be a Windsor?

Last edited:
Mickle, what percentage Doollally are you? I'm Irish/German myself. It's difficult because one half is always laughing at the the other half - who doesn't get it. Maybe that's what it feels like to be a Windsor?
Hi @Pamela Jo . I'm 45% Cumbrian, 45% Irish, 2% Viking, 2% Germanic, 1% Martian and 10% Doolally. As you've probably noticed, I'm also hopeless at maths, but I do mean well.

Blog Post: Padre Pio and I

Hemingway's Writing Tips

Back