Wot Neil Gaiman sed....

PLR distribution has been published

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond

Basic
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Science shows something surprising about people who love to write. In a 2005 study on the emotional and physical health benefits of expressive writing, researchers found that just 15 to 20 minutes of writing three to five times over the course of the four-month study was enough to make a difference."

http://mic.com/articles/98348/science-shows-writers-have-a-serious-advantage-over-the-rest-of-us

I'm not sure if the studies apply to novelists and journalists, but according to the article:

*writers heal faster
*writers with AIDS have higher T-cell counts
*writers with cancer are more optimistic
*writers who are asthmatic have fewer attacks than non-writers

Doesn't this go against the stereotype of the overweight sedentary writer?

Last edited:
Well if that's true, I must be almost immortal? Well given yesterday I wrote 13 pages, probably somewhat above my average, and my best was 16 pages in one day. Well, I do sometimes feel like I'm riding a cloud, so I fell pretty good :cool:

I don't know about the health benefits of writing, but when I do it I go into a special zone, which is a pleasant place to be.

When I write, it makes me feel better about everything - even if I write a load of old crap!

I find writing releases a lot of mental stress, relieving me of everyday worries and focusing on another life, like a dream world where everything's under my control.

In the book i'm trying to publish atm, i wrote one of my friends into it as a fat ginger tom cat didn't even change his name lol i've given him a copy to proof read for me, i'll know when he gets that far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wot Neil Gaiman sed....

PLR distribution has been published

Back