Where writers go wrong with story

Writing for other Writers

Reading while Self-Isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.
And sometimes the difficulty is that we know our characters SO well that when we think we’re conveying something about them through their encounters with others, we aren’t. Because we assume our reader knows them as well as we do. Can be quite tricky and something else to watch out for in the revision process. That’s where writing groups and beta readers can be so vital.

And sometimes the difficulty is that we know our characters SO well that when we think we’re conveying something about them through their encounters with others, we aren’t. Because we assume our reader knows them as well as we do. Can be quite tricky and something else to watch out for in the revision process. That’s where writing groups and beta readers can be so vital.
I tend to give my readers a lot of credit as far as reading between the lines—I guess it depends on the reader. Also could obviously be a lack of character development on the page—still trying to find that perfect balance.

Good vide and very timely Rachel. I have made a lot of mistakes in the past (I am sure many more in the future as well) but some of these really hit home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writing for other Writers

Reading while Self-Isolated

Back