When is "done" done?

Query Letter and Synopsis

This topic again. Can publishing figure this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd feel better about these two if she hadn't rejected my beloved ms. in a record 42 minutes.

However, could be she/they have a point. Most people do recommend putting it on one side for however long*, then coming back to it. I found the 'OMG, I've finished' euphoria put an undeserved glow on my text.

I believe @AgentPete said *Michelle Paver puts her manuscripts away for six months... maybe he'll come back on that. She must have great self-control, I thought.

I'd feel better about these two if she hadn't rejected my beloved ms. in a record 42 minutes.

However, could be she/they have a point. Most people do recommend putting it on one side for however long*, then coming back to it. I found the 'OMG, I've finished' euphoria put an undeserved glow on my text.

I believe @AgentPete said *Michelle Paver puts her manuscripts away for six months... maybe he'll come back on that. She must have great self-control, I thought.
The thing is I've begun overwriting things. The 2nd draft I too often get stuck in trying to explain points that aren't that important. If you spend too log on a draft I find I overwrite and it loses it's sparkle mojo. Better to put it aside than do that.

More on this in the Huddle. There are other techniques to gain perspective / distance that don't involve hermetic long-term isolation :)
Did we get to this? I think I missed it. Anyone have any other ideas, please put them here. Tiffany Yates Martin has the change the font, put another name on, read aloud techniques. I for one would love to hear more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Query Letter and Synopsis

This topic again. Can publishing figure this out?

Back