When is "done" done?

Question: Query Letter and Synopsis

This topic again. Can publishing figure this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very useful. What they said about losing perspective after 2 or 3 read throughs is definitely something to keep in mind.

I'd feel better about these two if she hadn't rejected my beloved ms. in a record 42 minutes.

However, could be she/they have a point. Most people do recommend putting it on one side for however long*, then coming back to it. I found the 'OMG, I've finished' euphoria put an undeserved glow on my text.

I believe @AgentPete said *Michelle Paver puts her manuscripts away for six months... maybe he'll come back on that. She must have great self-control, I thought.

I'd feel better about these two if she hadn't rejected my beloved ms. in a record 42 minutes.

However, could be she/they have a point. Most people do recommend putting it on one side for however long*, then coming back to it. I found the 'OMG, I've finished' euphoria put an undeserved glow on my text.

I believe @AgentPete said *Michelle Paver puts her manuscripts away for six months... maybe he'll come back on that. She must have great self-control, I thought.
The thing is I've begun overwriting things. The 2nd draft I too often get stuck in trying to explain points that aren't that important. If you spend too log on a draft I find I overwrite and it loses it's sparkle mojo. Better to put it aside than do that.

More on this in the Huddle. There are other techniques to gain perspective / distance that don't involve hermetic long-term isolation :)
Did we get to this? I think I missed it. Anyone have any other ideas, please put them here. Tiffany Yates Martin has the change the font, put another name on, read aloud techniques. I for one would love to hear more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question: Query Letter and Synopsis

This topic again. Can publishing figure this out?

Back