When is a writer a writer ???

First post from new joiner

L

New show: Colossal Ape Terrorises Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Blaylock

Simply this when is a writer a writer... do you have to be published, do you need or have to have an agent... is it a state of mind or heart... or both ???

I am fond of a paraphrase of Aristotle: You are what you repeatedly do.

Do you write? Are you creative, in the form of writing, regardless of form or genre or intent? If so, then you are a writer. Anything else, published or not, professional or not, agented or not, famous or not, is merely a detail.

Oh, and welcome to the Colony!

I am fond of a paraphrase of Aristotle: You are what you repeatedly do.

Do you write? Are you creative, in the form of writing, regardless of form or genre or intent? If so, then you are a writer. Anything else, published or not, professional or not, agented or not, famous or not, is merely a detail.

Oh, and welcome to the Colony!

Thank you Lex, I do write yes almost all the time but my living is as a sculptor of steel flora and fauna... Yourself and fellow Litopians will have to forgive me some grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors as I am quite dyslexic... your reply has helped me, thank you...

The majority of published writers I know don’t really feel “proper” writers until they’ve had quite a few books published. I’ve always found that a little odd, but it seems to be the norm... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

First post from new joiner

L

New show: Colossal Ape Terrorises Wikipedia

Back