What Would Disrupt the Publishing Industry?

Book Review: Midnight in Paris (2011)

Blurb Seminar for Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting @James Marinero thanks for posting. Yes, I agree @RK Capps – she's right, the whole system needs overhauled. Also interesting how she talks about increasing the price "of all books". She must know (as every writer by now knows) that 90% of any increase paid by the public would go straight into the greedy grasping hands of the main big publishers and not to the writers, without whom there would be no publishing industry at all.

Interesting read. Thanks for posting. She makes some good points. As an indie author, I don't even bother trying to get my books into bookstores--the marginal return on a book sold through a physical shop is so small, it's not worth my effort. And that's even with the high cost of books here compared to in the US. I think that sort of dynamic feeds the demise of bookshops. I have given up looking for books in local stores--they carry only the big sellers and very little else. In my genre of speculative fiction, the shelves are STILL primarily filled with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, when so much good speculative fiction has been published since these books. As a reader and as an author, I feel compelled to turn to the likes of Amazon, even though I know they're part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book Review: Midnight in Paris (2011)

Blurb Seminar for Members

Back