What is a mediocre writer?

New Year Message – And A Gift

Pop up Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Jo

Oct 26, 2021
Wexford, Ireland
It’s my dream to write a book but I’d rather be Marian Keyes in my head than a mediocre novelist in reality

I think this does hold us back from writing-even writers who have successes under their belt. But writing skills are not enough. It doesn't mean success. The brain processes spelling, reading, and writing in different parts. I suspect storytelling is somewhere even deeper in the hardwiring than those modern skills. Writers who can tap that oldest part of the brain get readers. If I disdain Colleen Hoover, the Twilight series even the Shades of Grey books I am also contemptuous of their millions of readers. If I am-I've lost those book sells already. It's about the readers not those who pronounce you "mediocre." Most readers are like me with Art. I know nothing about how to create it-but I know what I like. From Cave Paintings to Rembrandt to Romance covers starring Fabio. I'm writing for someone who reads the way I view Art. Best selling writers have something to teach us. They have something I am looking for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Year Message – And A Gift

Pop up Submission

Back