What do we think of Critters Writers Workshop?

Querying to International Agents

The 100 Best Novels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Joan

Basic
Aug 26, 2014
I have just come across the Critters workshop for scifi, fantasy and horror: http://www.critters.org/ . Since I have some stories which fall into that group of genres, and in the absence of alternative sources of critique, I am thinking of dipping my toe in the Critters, but thought I would first ask if anyone here had any direct experience / anecdotes regarding this group?

I thought about trying critters actually, but then I wasn't too sure so I had off on it.

I have just come across the Critters workshop for scifi, fantasy and horror: http://www.critters.org/ . Since I have some stories which fall into that group of genres, and in the absence of alternative sources of critique, I am thinking of dipping my toe in the Critters, but thought I would first ask if anyone here had any direct experience / anecdotes regarding this group?

Critters workshop is pretty good. You do have to critique other writer's work (and be prepared to be nice about it). As you critique other writer's work, you build up points toward your work being critiqued. Sometimes, though, the critiques aren't very helpful.
I've seen some really good stuff from others as well as the other sort. I am still a member, even though I have taken time off to work on my own stuff. It is worth the time.

I've never used it myself but know a few authors who have, and they found it very useful. :)
I had some useful critiques when I submitted the first chapter of my first book. Things really went well when I asked for dedicated readers. I got one and we critiqued each others novels. That was a big help!

I had some useful critiques when I submitted the first chapter of my first book. Things really went well when I asked for dedicated readers. I got one and we critiqued each others novels. That was a big help!
I remember you telling me that, that's why I tagged you here :) Always best to hear about places first hand :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Querying to International Agents

The 100 Best Novels

Back