Twitter Pitch Party July 15th with 27 Publishers...

Litopia's Garry Bushell Show. Loosing the Bull & no bullsh*t.

Keyboard Shortcuts for Novelists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol Rose

Basic
Sep 13, 2014
Indiana, USA
In case anyone is interested!! 27 publishers are participating in this. The blog post includes hashtags for various genres and age groups. The list of publishers in the blog post also outlines what each one is seeking. They are not only looking for romance submissions.

Evernight Publishing is who I currently write for as Ravenna Tate, and I wrote one book for Etopia Press under Carolyn Rosewood. I'm familiar with some of the other publishers as well, so if anyone has questions, please PM here on the site.

http://www.kristinvanrisseghem.com/pit2pub

Ladies and gentlemen, @JasonAByrne is online! Favorite me. Or follow me. Or whatever the hell you do.

I will be in on #Pit2Pub. Why couldn't I figure this out before?o_O

Now I can vote for The Voice live finals! Wait, let me see if I understand this... #awesomesauce.

I RETWEETED!

Last edited:
Okay, like I said — I've never done one of these before. How often is best, to tweet a new pitch? How many pitches should I have lined up? Does anyone want to put their pitches to the test here, first? I've got six, so far.

Okay, like I said — I've never done one of these before. How often is best, to tweet a new pitch? How many pitches should I have lined up? Does anyone want to put their pitches to the test here, first? I've got six, so far.

I've never done one either but I imagine you should just pitch each story once, and then see what happens. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure in events like this, it's not necessary to pitch each story to more than one publisher. Using the hashtags correctly will flag your pitches, and the publishers who take those kinds of stories will find it easier that way. Not sure how they respond, though, in terms of privately or during the event. If you want, I could ask Stacey (who owns Evernight) what the specifics are, and report them back to this group.

I've never done one either but I imagine you should just pitch each story once, and then see what happens. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure in events like this, it's not necessary to pitch each story to more than one publisher. Using the hashtags correctly will flag your pitches, and the publishers who take those kinds of stories will find it easier that way. Not sure how they respond, though, in terms of privately or during the event. If you want, I could ask Stacey (who owns Evernight) what the specifics are, and report them back to this group.
I just sent her an email with the questions about the event that have been posted so far. I'll let you all know what she says. :)
Thanks Tara! I remember seeing people had written up several different pitches, and tweeted them hourly for #pitmad, and wondered if this functioned similarly.

Okay, gang here it is. This is how Evernight and Evernight Teen will be handling it, and she's pretty sure the other publishers will be doing the same.

You'll need to tag the publisher you're interested in pitching to, and use the hashtags in the link I posted as well. For example, if you're pitching to Evernight Publishing, tag them and send the pitch using the hashtags. So it does look like you'll need to pitch to each publisher separately. It also means you'll want to be following those publishers on Twitter.

Stacey also said they'll favor the tweets with the pitches they're interested in. If you don't know what that is or how it works, on the bottom of a tweet you'll see a star. If you click this, it adds it to your favorites. I have my Twitter account set up to notify me of favorites from other Twitter users. You can easily set yours up to do that in Settings in your Account. Hope this helps!!

Attachments

• EP Tweet.jpg
    EP Tweet.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 3
Okay! Next question! Add pictures to stand out, or don't include pictures.
Here's more info from Evernight's Marketing Manager who has participated in these kinds of events before:

The publishers will favor the pitches they're interested in which signals the author to submit the MS.

The rules state they should only tweet pitches 2x/hour so they are open pitches to all pubs. They should however tag it by genre as stated on the organizer's website.

Jason, Sandra told me pics won't make a difference. They'll read all the pitches. :)

But seriously, thank you, @Tara Rose. For posting the thread, and for prompting me to start a foray into Twitter, and explaining everything, and using your contacts in the competition.

I've already discovered an agent through Twitter and made a submission on their site...
i-am-growing-stronger-boy.jpg

I killed my twitter account when I quit writing, or I would follow you folks to show support. Keep us posted here how things go for you!

This sounds a fantastic use of Twitter!

Is it restricted to US authors only or can we Brits have a go too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litopia's Garry Bushell Show. Loosing the Bull & no bullsh*t.

Keyboard Shortcuts for Novelists

Back