Trope Talk: or, The General Usefulness and Awesomeness of Overly Sarcastic Productions

Beautiful Words

Reality Check Look closely, people, there's a dot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex Black

Aug 6, 2014
Heya!

So, a video dropped into my overly busy youtube feed today, an update from a channel called Overly Sarcastic Productions. This is a joint effort by two contributors, Blue, who mostly presents videos summarizing interesting aspects, events and periods of history, and Red, who covers fictional subjects, everything from classical mythology to creative writing techniques. One of the sub-categories of the lattermost is Trope Talk.

Today's Trope Talk offering focuses on the concept of the "Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass", the character who seems goofy, dumb and/or outright crazy, only to be revealed as a genuinely capable character. I really can't do this video credit without filling reams describing it, so check it out:

If you like that at all, I highly recommend picking through OSP's back catalog for more. They're well-written, insightful, hilarious and endlessly entertaining, and you may even pick up a few helpful tips to continue your own creative endeavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautiful Words

Reality Check Look closely, people, there's a dot.

Back