Help! Title help please

The Manuscript Thief

Nothing to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jonny

There is an issue here. This is not the first time a newcomer to Litopia has replied to a thread that concluded months ago. Is there a software solution to this?

I did the same when I joined. Spent hours replying to threads about resolved questions. Discouraging. Must be a way to filterer out this old stuff and get a new member into what is happening today, I hope.

Your thoughts?

@Jonny

There is an issue here. This is not the first time a newcomer to Litopia has replied to a thread that concluded months ago. Is there a software solution to this?

I did the same when I joined. Spent hours replying to threads about resolved questions. Discouraging. Must be a way to filterer out this old stuff and get a new member into what is happening today, I hope.

Your thoughts?
I agree. I had the same problem at first. Still do sometimes. For me, part of the problem seems to be that there are so many places on the website to access different conversation threads that it gets confusing. I'm always missing posts, too, and wishing I'd seen them earlier. The site has a a lot going on! All good, but there is a learning curve as a result.

No need to be sorry, David. I did it myself once upon a time too. :)

@Peyton Stafford and @Carol MS my skills here are of the "if it's doesn't work... hit it with a hammer" kind. I don't get involved in tinkering under the hood of the site, but I know a man who does. :)

@AgentPete ?
Well, I think we all know @AgentPete is dealing with a lot on his plate right now. (I hope his house-hunting is going better.) I think he even mentioned that he feels the site needs some housekeeping, so I'm sure he'll get to it when he can. I must say, I've found it pretty amazing how much is going on in all its corners and crevices. So much that's fun as well as informative and useful. And I hope you know, @Jonny, how much we appreciate your contributions to making it all work,

The easiest way to navigate the site and find recent threads is to:

go to the Home page,
click on Writer's Room, for example (or Cafe Life etc). You are then taken to the 'front' page of that area where all the threads in this room will list up. They're listed according to last post date, so the one with the most recent activity will be at the top. (On the right you'll be able to see the dates of the last post in that thread.) If look under a thread title. You'll see the date it has been created.

You can also 'watch' and 'unwatch' threads. look out for the watch button on a thread.

There's also a 'what's new' button in the dark blue ribbon at the top of the site.

And set your notifications to alert you to new posts or use push notifications etc. Keep in mind that if you don't look at the post for which you had a notification, it'll stop giving you notifications on that particular thread until you look at it again.

And absolutely no need to be sorry @David McGuire. It doesn't matter if old threads get resurrected. Discussions are never truly over. There's lots in those old threads which is still useful today and which we can learn from. It's amazing the amount of useful information which can be found on old threads.

Last edited:
Just in case this helps in any way. This Retro vintage kitsch tarot card deck still uses the word 'housewives.' However ironically.

512BLCqDemL._SY239_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I agree. If the intent is to nod to those cheesy domestic manuals from the fifties, then 2 is the best for me. It's punchy and feel like the "busy" underlines the irony of the "housewife" in a way that really sets off the playful contrast in title, which to me makes it very memorable. Or you could flip it, and maybe use "Demonology" or something to reduce the length.

The Modern Woman's Guide to Demonology?
A Domestic Guide to Demons and their Uses?
Hi @David McGuire – yes, there is a problem here, thanks for pointing it out.

What I’ve done is to auto-close threads that have not had a post in the last 35 days.

This currently only applies to these forums:

• The Writers’ Room
  • The Flash Club
  • Craft Chat and all sub-forums
  • Cafe Life
  • The Back Room
  • Writing Workshops
  • Writers Huddle / Huddle Hangout

Let me know how this works out and if it needs tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Manuscript Thief

Nothing to see here

Back